Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

These are the splits a local lad here ran the 5k virtual run in. This is even beyond TFK levels of taking the piss

2 Likes

What mountain was he coming down?

1 Like

What was the wind like ? :see_no_evil:

His cool down had 155m elevation to collect the car from the mountain :laughing:

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, not sure if @Locke would tog out for Cork though. You could take an average of the times

Very motivating thread @caulifloweredneanderthal.

I’d like to make a late declaration for Junior A.

I’ve been plodding along with couch to 5k for a while, and completed my first 5k in almost 10 years last Friday. Absolutely wrecked me to get in done in 30mins and I followed up with a 32min one a few days later which took even more out of me.

I’m carrying a couple of stone at the moment which I’m hoping to lose, along with a few long term injuries that I probably won’t lose. Intermediate might be a medium term aspiration but I will aim for promotion now given it appears my only competition is @mikehunt who will probably be lifting his bed around on his back for the 5k.

20 Likes

Brilliant stuff @Jahan.

Welcome to the club.

1 Like

Why don’t you delete the last line there and we’ll keep the slagging here to more relevant matters like running down hills and with the wind

Purely stated to create a bit of friendly competition. Happy to delete if it has upset you.

1 Like

FFS

Well done on the run anyway,

1 Like

There’s no friends in internet running

2 Likes

Done

Sure you know how it goes.

20210220_164305

1 Like

The hammer is fair sore now… 10 days to to go :timer_clock::timer_clock::timer_clock:

The 29th and 30th of the month will be edge of the seat stuff

2 Likes

Savage run for a ‘tempo’ today @fenwaypark :clap:

Was’nt planned. Was looking at route for 5k. Decided to run it at good pace. 2nd mile was into wind. Was happy to meet a work colleague for a chat at walkinstown runabout. Ran tempo then with wind at my back.

3 Likes

Might be a bit far from you but the lap near the house in Marlay Park is almost exactly 1K and quiet flat. Probably a bit busy at the weekends unless you’re there early.

1 Like

I know it well. Is absolutely throng these days. Thats what you want, a flat 1k loop. Problem with roads is traffic lights etc.

2 Likes