Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I honestly donā€™t like ASICS shoes, maybe they donā€™t suit my feet, or New Balance

Saucony would be my brand of choice, Iā€™ve had two pairs of Brooks and wasnā€™t that keen on them.

What do you want in the shoe?

Donā€™t go with Runhub if looking for a wide fit - they messed me around for months when looking for one in a Hoka after their gait analyis which was a bit of a con. Runzone in Rathgar were excellent after.

Something light with a bit of stability and durability for running on the road.

Iā€™m ok with this time
Might get a other go on a better weather day

10 Likes

Im not really happy with buying online for that very reason. Needs must though. Current pair are starting to fall apart. Will check out Runzone cheers.

@TreatyStones impressive session today. What recovery did you take between reps

60 seconds.

Was delighted with it, but felt a tweak in the hamstring on the last one. Hoping it was just a little bit of cramp, but dubious enough.

15 Likes

If my hamstring is ok ill be out Saturday morning. I wonā€™t come near your time regardless so you are safe enough.

If youā€™re happy with the shoes you have now and they need replacing, I would just get a new pair of them. At least you will know the fit. You could go in for fitting etc when stores reopen, or alternatively order two pairs to try out knowing you will be sending back at least one.

2 Likes

@Thomas_Brady slipping off the podium.

My hammer is doneā€¦ Not sure Iā€™ll get a chance to beat either time.

1 Like

He can get Jeeves to run alongside and count seconds

Superb.

Ran with a friend. Made it a lot easier.

Unreal running.

1 Like

Fat Mike Ashley is doing a sale on running shoes at the moment, Brooks, Asics etc

2 Likes

Got a pair of Mizunos about 3 years ago and havenā€™t looked back since. The latest pair are the best yet.

https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/miz4573/mizuno-wave-rider-24-running-shoes-~-aw20/?_cur=2&kw=&cpn=2009716963&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxL-Th-KA7wIVyZ7tCh0j2AtwEAQYAiABEgJn9fD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds#sku-miz4573

2 Likes

Any lad not wearing these for the intercounty challenge does not want it enough

2 Likes

Doing intervals on your own is very difficult.

1 Like

@caulifloweredneanderthal youā€™ll have to put me down for relegation as Iā€™m out of the weekend. Definitely did some damage to the hamstring yesterday so Iā€™m going to be on the easy list for a few weeks.

2 Likes