Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Scotty Parker would have been proud of your effort, but just didnā€™t do enough to stay up this season.

PS Iā€™ll be more like Sheffield United here

Iā€™m taking the following into account here:

1. Your times these days.
  2. You are a KK man, albeit it from Vegas.
  3. These runners look cool.
  4. I got paid today and need a new set of runners.

Going to buy a pair!

1 Like

Outstanding running. That must have been brutal.

Thats the gutting thing. Actually felt pretty strong in it. Easily the best running Iā€™ve done this year and then I pull my hamstring in the last strides of the last run.

As an aside , Matty and I did a 22.56 5k today as part of a 10.
Iā€™ll post times in a bit.
I wonā€™t get a chance to do 5 again unfortunately. Didnā€™t set out to do a fast 5 but pushed on.

Thatā€™s a balls. I ripped by hamstring to bits playing hurling (grade 4). Rehabbed it on the bike but it took a long long time to get close to resolved. I bizarrely found that putting insulation tape fairly tight around my mid thigh helped an awful lot once I went back to running/hurling, my theory being that it stopped the muscle belly flapping around as much.

Is it hammer or really glute or hip or back,? Quite often the problem is elsewhere.
Get the foam roller out and see whatā€™s going on around the hammerā€¦ Iā€™ve a huge trigger point in my glute causing me pain.

Well this is definitely the hammer, as I felt it go a little.
But yes there must an underlying issue on that side as Iā€™ve pulled it a few times on that same side in recent years.

Are physios operating these days? I think I need to get an MRI to see what is going on there.

They should be ā€¦bit of needling might help you recover a bit quicker if thereā€™s a trigger or two knocking about.

My people might be from Vegas but Iā€™m not :wink:. Could be worse though, you couldā€™ve said Slieverue or Kilmacow.

You wonā€™t go wrong with those runners.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a dose.
Iā€™m not in the camp of running being bad for knees/joints etc but running hard is most definitely risky. That was a great session you put together yesterday and Iā€™m as certain as can be that you are capable already of going close to 19 minutes on your day

Relegation for that fat Tipp cunt @caulifloweredneanderthal :cry:

1 Like

Ya, I just need to be more careful on my loading. I know that myself.
My normal week was hard Wednesday, easy Friday, long or semi hard Sunday.

This week I did:
Hard Wednesday, long and easy Friday, hard Sunday, hard Tuesday.

From experience I know itā€™s not a bad tear and Iā€™ll probably be able to do some light jogging on it by the start of next week. Just need to see if I can address the underlying issues with it now.

That would be like saying my mothers people are from Oola Co. Limerick but Iā€™m not. I am one half Oola and itā€™s the good half at that!

1 Like

I might go again Friday, but I found that hard. I suppose I could use lack of road running as an excuse, but to be honest, itā€™s a lack of general fitness.

Route was fine, if monotonous. Up and down, up and down one flat country-style road. Crosswinds were bothersome (lovely wind at my back for cooldown jog :man_shrugging:).

10 Likes

Does 2256 keep me up you fat tipp cunt?

Yeah, sub 23. I was 9 seconds off.

Itā€™s hard, I donā€™t like the 5k.
I reckon I could have gone a minute quicker maybe if weā€™d set off with that intention, rather than pushing on for 5k in the middle. We also slowed almost to a walk for a couple of hundred metres before realising we were short, by 900m :rage:
Iā€™ll not do it again. Iā€™ll aim for a 48 10k next maybe.

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t have found that tough a few years back, but it was rough today tbh. Since Iā€™ve come back, Iā€™ve had a banana, two cuts of toast with raspberry jam, a yogurt and a big slice of some coconut and oats energy treat that my lovely wife had in the fridge for me. Iā€™ve a morning of Teams meetings bullshit ahead

1 Like