Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

I used to be about 17.5st. Iā€™m hovering around the 12 mark now. Still donā€™t think I can ever be described as a whippet though :smile:

Obviously down the line youā€™ll beat me, just not now :joy:

Obviously.

Sounds like someone is too chicken to take @Locke on

Kilkenny 1-0 Limerick

I would say it was 30 years ago when I was last 12 stone! The closest I got to that was just under 14st back in 2011 when I did my first TdeM. I was miserable with the hunger.

doubtful Fran. Not logging enough runs to improve times. Weather is horrendous too and not helping the matter. Iā€™ll get in another run before the end of the month, but not sure if Iā€™ll be going for speed or just doing a handy 5k trail. Aim will be to do both, so will see.

I have an excellent physio Iā€™ve gone to in the past for other issues, would it be worth a few visits to get a proper rehab programme?

Iā€™ll have a go at my 5km tomorrow or Friday

Iā€™ve not run further than 3km in about six months but Iā€™ve run more consistently in last month than for years which is all down to here.

I might even sign up to Strava and upgrade my watch

5 Likes

Yeah definitely. Physio is not about the hour in there with them as much as the rehab they give you and make you accountable for doing.

A physio once told me that.

I never did a timed run before the initial charity lockdown run last May or whenever it was. I ran that through trails wearing a pair of astro turf runners. Can genuinely say if it wasnt for TFK and this jogging fad, (or yogging, might be a slient J), I wouldnt be at this now still.

As fads on this place goes, this is one of the better ones I signed up to.

6 Likes

Isnā€™t TFK a fad that we all signed up to back in 2007?

5 Likes

probably. Better than that golf forum fad anywayā€¦

3 Likes

Honestly, you could Google it and save your money and time imho.

TFK is an fad nua

Correctā€¦ Physio might be good for some tissue / message work initially but the exercises you could Google/ YouTube. It might still be no harm to rule out other mechanical issues that could be at play.

This is like F1 qualifying in the old days when I watched it. Lads waiting for the last few minutes to post a time before one of their rivals has a chance to better it.

Iā€™m going out for my 2nd and final 5k run of the month this afternoon/evening. Iā€™m doubtful I will better my previous attempt.

6 Likes

2015 here!

1 Like

Thereā€™s certainly a air of excitement, verging on giddiness, building.

Will have another go at end of week, going in the right direction anyway.

15 Likes

The physio Iā€™m thinking of is the only one Iā€™ve ever been truly happy with. He accurately diagnosed a very tricky issue I had, where a previous physio had failed to do so. Heā€™s like a doctor the way he goes through things and never seemed to bring you back in needlessly. Heā€™ll give you the exercises and leave it you to work away on them. Iā€™d kinda like to be accountable to someone too in terms of a rehab programme.

1 Like