Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Go for it. We need you right for the 10k

@caulifloweredneanderthal - how about using this challenge as a calibration for the right groupings rather than forcing relegation is someone is only a few seconds past the time, like yourself?

We could use these times for a future 5k challenge in better weather but maybe with different time bands e.g. sub 20, sub 22, sub 24, sub 26.

Sounds good.
Would spare The Runt having to go looking for his login details to register for senior for the next event.

The next 5k will be a double target one pal. Sub 26/25 sub 25/24 etcā€¦ You have to break both your targets over 6 weeksā€¦ You should be very close to the higher standard that then will give you three/four weeks to break the other target.

Youā€™re just making stuff up now

5 Likes

No.

It makes complete senseā€¦ It gives lads a focus to get faster instead of just running below one target all the time.

We have @caulifloweredneanderthal to thank for that. Heā€™s put years on the lifespan of dozens on here.

1 Like

Big gains pal

1 Like

Iā€™m getting in a computer scientist to organise the next challenge.

1 Like

I might get a run in on Friday. Iā€™ve to drop the car into town, so I need to get home. Itā€™ll be more running on streets etc., but I might be better off. Canā€™t drop the pace if thereā€™s an audience watching :slight_smile:

Make sure to vote by tomorrow lads:

Or fucked up yer joints, knees, INTERNET reps, etc. instead :wink:

Iā€™m on my rest day today. If I donā€™t produce my best run of the month tomorrow or Friday then itā€™s all the wan, as TFK muldoons often say:

• Iā€™ve shaved my head and completed a beard trim (ā€œYou look good, you feel good, you play goodā€ - Wayne Routledge);

• Iā€™ve been using visualisation techniques (powering through that horrible 4th km before the last km adrenaline kicks in, eating after my run);

• Iā€™m drinking lots of water and making sure Iā€™m hydrated;

• Iā€™ve selected my music (nothing too fast or a playlist that jumps from artist to artist; instead Iā€™ll be listening to the soothing sounds of London Grammar to get into a nice rhythm);

• Iā€™m not on duty if the baby wakes up in the early hours tonight.

Itā€™s all down to me now.

21 Likes

Youā€™re a far cry from your photo in your Avatar these days. Itā€™s a credit to you

1 Like

18 Likes

What route will you do? Iā€™m planning on giving it a go Saturday morning in Marlay.

Heā€™s jettisoned the shirt and tie since wfh alright.

1 Like

I may be doing one in the castle this afternoon as well, hangover permitting. Should I start trying to trip up any lad who looks like heā€™s doing a tf5k?

1 Like

absolutely, i bring a tyre iron with me in case i bump into @Fran so i can leave him like nancy kerrigan

1 Like

Was actually planning to do the park run route there.

It would be easy enough trip me up. Doing my best not to do it myself.

1 Like