Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

Nike running club app gives them to you through headlphones. If you set up a distance it tells you halfway. It gives you pace etc. Free app

Unreal running @fenwaypark. I was doing 250m intervals at the weekend at at a pace in excess of your average pace. I donā€™t know how ye lads do it

3 Likes

I just drove my course @Thomas_Brady

The only problem with running downhill is the walk home. It doesnā€™t bear thinking about walking home In ignominy

3 Likes

Weā€™ll look after you @count_of_monte_crist

Looks like a 10km challenge for March

1 Like

How was the heart rate?
Iā€™d say you have a bit more in the tank if you needed it??

Bit of a love hate relationship with the fast 5km, I donā€™t really enjoy it but thatā€™s because Iā€™m forced to push myself outside of my comfort zone. Itā€™s kinda the same reason why I like it and you canā€™t beat the bit of competition to get you out and exercising

4 Likes

Let @count_of_monte_crist fire in a run for this challenge shurā€¦ Just has to log a 5k by Sunday

1 Like

Itā€™s a torturous distance, generally running as close as possible to top speed (without sprinting) constantly making deals with yourself, particularly once youā€™re halfway,

But if you have music in your ears itā€™s just 4 or 5 songs

But itā€™s all about heart

6 Likes

Could not tell you. If I had someone to tow me along I would have gone quicker. Those runs are very tough on your own.

Absolutely. The more the merrier @count_of_monte_crist

3 Likes

My normal course is a bit hillyā€¦

Strava tells you sureā€¦

Donā€™t think Iā€™ll get to go out again by the end of the month, rolled my ankle half way through a 10km tonight. I managed to run it off (it was the only way home and I wasnā€™t going to walk) but Iā€™d say Iā€™ll be sore tomorrow

2 Likes

Just checked the t-shirt there. I had yellow sleeves. Youā€™ll know where in work if you got enough of a look at it. Iā€™d be in my own world out running. Dogs are all Iā€™d notice.

A good time by yourself, with a steady improvement in times. Thanks for not tripping me up.

FOGRA

The individual 10km challenge looks like it will be topping the poll for preferred event in March.

In terms of format, Iā€™ll set up another poll so we can have a clear idea before the month starts.

Poll options so far:

1. Same divisional categories as the 5km
  2. categories refined to Senior/Intermediate/Junior

The rest of ye all have good ideas, involving things like weighted groups etc. So just put it in a succinct manner by either replying to this post or tagging or PMing me, and Iā€™ll add that to the list of options tomorrow, and ye can vote away. The people will decide.

Le meas,
@caulifloweredneanderthal

7 Likes

Wasnt looking that closely! Only reason I thought it was you was that you ran up by the golf pavillion then went right, the parkrun loop way then I saw your just run when I went to post mine.

Gave you a follow on Strava mate.

No reference to the sub-committee. This is turning into a dictatorship.

Iā€™d say he saw the name of your runners and decided to fuck you out

1 Like