Lockdown Drinking Thread - obsolete

What were your dealings with him? Donā€™t know him personally just know him to see him.

We arranged to go and see the brewery one Saturday. Agreed on a time. We showed at said time and it was boarded up. Rang him to see what the story was and he lost his shit saying we were 2 hours late and what the fuck did we want to visit for anyway as he was far too busy for the likes of us.

He threatened legal action against us a few months later for some absolute nonsense. He spoke to us through his solicitor after that. Itā€™s a regular enough thing for him apparently. Tries to run any new lads out of the industry.

2 Likes

Howā€™s yer place going since ye got out of it?

Ya the place in Borris. I just assumed a brother. Itā€™s one of finest pubs in the country by my reckoning

Hon @balbec

1 Like

Not sure what you mean Julio?

I could be completely wrong here but were you not involved in a craft place and sold it? Or did ye close it

We were. We closed it down. We basically came to the ā€˜go big or go home crossroadsā€™ and with us still working full time jobs and kids just after arriving we got out of it with little to no loss. Diageo, Heineken and the big boys all launched their craft brands in the following months so we were glad to get out of it.

1 Like

Iā€™m having this fancy Danish stuff. ā€œCarlsbergā€ itā€™s called. Would recommend

1 Like

Iā€™ve had that before. A nice cold bottle of it is decent. Better than Heinken if that means anything.

I havenā€™t seen this fellaā€™s stuff in yonks, LidlldyAldi used to stock it, but not anymore. Where did you pick it up, our friend in Ballinacurra?

Pilsner?

About to crack open a cool, hoppy, delightfully sessionable can of ā€œGuinnessā€ here.

1 Like

Yes it is superior. Very refreshing. Iā€™m on can 5 now so Iā€™m getting really refreshed

1 Like

Iā€™ve moved onto Mojitos.
Very refreshing.

1 Like

Wandered into a polish store today (spotless) and grabbed few cans of this - the Pilsner version

Not bad at all

2 Likes

I could fall over with refreshment the way Iā€™m going

1 Like

Ordinarily I would say a ā€œGintariniā€ sounds a bit suspect but I went through stage of horsing through the Svyturyā€™s stuff before, itā€™s daycent tack.

Oā€™Briens used to do that in their 5 for 10 deal. Lovely stuff