Long Live the king

My thoughts are with the Gardaí of this country who are directly in the line of fire over the coming weeks.

The overtime earned should see Ryanair do well over the summer.

If they had any decency they wouldn’t be available. Another blue flu day would be in order.

You’d like that wouldn’t you, another farcial moment for this country to embarass itself on the International stage. I credit their professionalism and sacrifice.

Brits Out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExWfh6sGyso

I’m more concerned with the fact that money we don’t have is being spent on inconveniencing the normal people of the country to bring in a visitor who most people either don’t want visiting or are indifferent to. I don’t think there are many people who strongly want her to be here. It’s a disgraceful waste of time and money and if my job asked me to facilitate it I’d be looking for a way out of it. Daily life should not be stopped or slowed for the queen of england. Too few people want her here to justify it.

Professionalism is not something I’d associate with an Garda Síochána but I suppose that could come down to where you meet them. I see them annoying and bullying people for handy overtime at the football so I wouldn’t go along with the professionalism and sacrifice idea.

Excellent article from Morrissey. :clap:

I think the security risk to the Queen is being blown up out of all proportion.

How long is the Windsor slut staying for?

Would be disappointed if the week passed off without incident.

:clap:

What’s the point of all those spanners they’ve painted onto the manholes?

Lizzy will be lucky if they don’t threatren to rape her.

[b]Irish republican dissidents have issued a coded bomb threat for central London, Scotland Yard has confirmed.

Security has been tightened in the capital after a “non-specific” threat was issued to authorities last night.[/b]

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “A bomb threat warning has been received relating to central London today. The threat is not specific in relation to location or time.”

Londoners have been urged by police to go about their business as usual but to look out for “unusual activity or behaviour”.

A security alert in The Mall, which leads to Buckingham Palace, closed the road this morning after an officer spotted “something suspicious” at 4.20am.

But the road has since reopened after a painstaking search.

The threat comes on the eve of the Queen’s historic visit to the Republic of Ireland, the first by a British Monarch since its independence in 1921.

Home affairs correspondent Mark White said: "The use of a coded warning takes this alert well above the norm.

"Every day the police respond to security alerts which turn out to have been false alarms with good intent.

"But here is seems an individual or a group with specific knowledge of the dissident republican coded warning system has called to make a bomb threat.

“The police cannot afford to do anything but treat this with the utmost seriousness.”

Tension is also running high in Dublin, where 30m euros has been spent on security for the visit.

Sky’s David Blevins, who is in Dublin, said: "Dissident republicans have not only demonstrated their capability in recent days, not least through the murder of Police Constable Ronan Kerr, but by publically stating their intention to ensure that the Queen feels unwelcome here in Ireland.

“I suppose they could to that by staging an attack here in the Irish Republic, north of the border in Northern Ireland or elsewherre in the United Kingdom.”

:unsure:

God Save the Queen.

Up de RA

The Queen has always been a big fan of the RA

Official Website of the RA

Morrissey is a brilliant songwriter but he is a bit of a prick.

That’s just populist rhetoric and anyone with any knowledge of the Northern Irish situation wouldn’t come to a conclusion as basic as that.

He was giving out about foreigners eroding the British identity a while back as well.

Still though The Queen is Dead is a brilliant song and it’s also a brilliant album.

Not sure how that ties in with your “decency” comment in the first post. I would agree with the first paragraph there though, but none of that is the Gardai’s concerns, they are just doing their jobs.

Did the Royal Wedding not prove again the interest that many in this country have in the Royal Family. I think this will be a very popular visit.
That said it did stick in my craw at the weekend to be caught in a tailback on the N7 because they had closed a lane so they could cut the grass in the central reservation for the Queen. We pay for it and they never cut it for us.