Long Live the king

Time to bring it back

1 Like

If Lizzie hasn’t been down the blower since this broke then she has clearly given up the ghost.

How does the saying g go?
If you’re innocent, you want a judge
If you’re guilty, you go for a jury

3 Likes

The media on the mainland will combust if this goes to trial.

I would hope for hourly updates on the scandal from the forum’s royal correspondent, @ChairmanDan .

Apparently he’s selling the chalet to move the proceeds from a jurisdiction which has an agreement with the US, so they can’t be got at if he loses.
Given he hadn’t actually paid for the chalet in the first place, being 6 million short, the whole thing is odd. I wonder if it was bought by a shell company registered in the BVI or IFSC or somesuch.

I’d say this is more of the man’s self delusion. He went on Newsnight for an interview assuming he could win the nation over. He probably has the same thought process about a jury. He made an utter fuck of himself on Newsnight. Has anyone dared tell him yet?

He’ll be hard pressed to find a juror who isn’t ready to set him on fire before the case is even started

His team are probably betting on every potential juror that would be against him being prejudiced and the remaining rabble willing to fall down on his side.

He has good news Gary at the wheel.

I have a pal who is a judge who when I asked said
“If I was innocent, I’d want a judge, if I was guilty I’d want a jury”
You need to add in that he’s as thick as a ditch, and being advised by American lawyers who are on the clock. Jury selection alone be worth a fortune to them, and think of the limelight.

Does your pal, the judge, always spout cliches? Or is @iron_mike double jobbing?

1 Like

Dunno. I opined that the jury system seemed a bizarre outdated anachronism. Why 12? What are peers? Etc, and that the whole thing was spun out by the legal profession to make money. He sort of concurred. That was exactly what he said.

1 Like

Mortified for @flattythehurdler

“My mate, who is a judge…”

:grimacing: Cringe

1 Like

It’s true mate. I found it an interesting observation from someone who had been both a prosecuting and defending barrister before being a judge.

OK, Kev :+1: Sure

You don’t want to be taking things so personally bud.

For instance:

This was just as bad as that poor man in America
“I can’t breathe”
“I don’t care”

Of course that’s bollix spouted by judges who have a needlessly high opinion of themselves. There are plenty of cases of innocent people being sent down by judges. The special criminal court and the Birmingham Six and Guildford Four being some of the examples that spring to mind.

6 Likes