Long Live the king

In fairness lads, we lost it when Katy French died.

1 Like

The Irish seem to lose it when anyone dies.

Who are sending over for the funeral?

The poet and Leo (hardly let the Taoiseach to such a big event?)

The larcenous nature of death, its habit of breaking in on us when we are least prepared and stealing the irreplaceable, has seldom been more sickeningly experienced than when listening to the radio at about 1pm last Thursday.

I do. I remember my mother bought an electric clock for the kitchen the day of the funeral. It worked for years.

1 Like

Says the fucker that’s constantly outraged by twitter and tv

2 Likes

Speak for yourself pal.

The pageantry is just something else. I’d love to have more time on my hands to sit down and watch it all around the clock.

Are they still showing live footage of a queue of people?

Only internet people care

Don’t mind Fagan codding you, it was the Pope, JFK and deValera :wink:

1 Like

We had none of them. Just the Sacred Heart.

:smirk::grinning: don’t think it was Dev. I remember it in many a front parlour once upon a time. 2 princes of the church and Marilyn Monroe’s jockey. Didn’t know all of that as a young lad but I still found the combination as a hanging decoration very strange.

He wrote riddle of the sands did he not?

We had plenty for all three, more so JFK and Dev.

Haughey was close enough to joining them.

Queen Homewrecker

He did indeed.

We have eamon ryan, ange and gaffney

1 Like

I had to give my campanologist neighbour a lift down to the village Thursday evening for the muffled ringing of the bells there. The general feeling was that the village will never take to the King as dearly as they did his mother, but I suppose time may change all that. Nonetheless a big day for him tomorrow to start winning the hearts and minds, no doubt the nerves are building for him tonight.

2 Likes

This whole thing is incredibly humiliating for Britain and it will surely lead to the end of the royal family as well. I’d imagine some amount of dirt will come out on Andrew and whoever else in the family now the queen is dead too.

3 Likes