Looking for a portable P.C. type device?

Yeah there is a lot of storage needed. However I just checked on what would be essential on it and what could be moved. Main issue is that the storage files would be dropbox files. So reading into it, I can load some dropbox files onto the external HD and keep essential ones on laptop. Could manage to save a couple hundred GB there. My only issue then is when I fire up the laptop and it’s not connected to the external hard drive, will that fuck up when it goes to find that file location when it syncs? Changing from dropbox isnt a solution, too many work related shared folders that needs to stay in place.

Certainly an option though that I might look into more. Would still need 500gb though on laptop

I’ve been on one since October 2018 and it’s never not worked like new, even with five or six falls. Bearing in mind that I spend 28 hours day on the INTERNET, that’s about 20 years’ worth for most people.

2 Likes

so looking at that one and even this one here

I’m not seeing the benefit really of reducing the storage capacity without a lot of dicking around with external hard drives into the mix for another few quid and the hassle that comes with that. As per @anon78624367 first one with the Acer with 2TB of storage, what would the others do that that one doesnt? The programs I use dont necessarily need a massive amount of grunt, they work fine at 4GB ram, so having 8 on that one with the storage would seem it would work fine?

this was another one here, little bit more expensive, but any better than the Acer?

Looking for a good reliable laptop guys, don’t need much in the way of all the latest mod cons, you know what I do for work and a bit of browsing of TFK and fantasy football.
My old habit of rarely shutting it down is likely to continue, don’t want to spend a fortune

Want to give an upper budget

Get a decent PC and desk and make a small office somewhere in the house. Fuck laptops. Will last you twice as long. Keep TFK for the phone, can’t understand lads on TFK from their work PCs/Laptops.

1 Like

I’ve a burner phone for TFK

4 Likes

I have a work laptop but i sometimes have reason to take my own to work as well, a desktop isn’t really practical for me though i see the attraction alright.

I bought the Lenovo one above a month ago (in gmans post).
8ram is a real difference. It was 340 stg on Amazon and had it in 3 days. The same model was 520e in local expert. No complaints anyway, it’s very light though if that bothers you

1 Like

I have the same dilemma and have one shower telling me to get a PC and not bother with a laptop and another shower telling me I don’t need a PC as I have no interest in gaming.

The laptop is portable of course but think more of peripherals for a PC. Printers, personal backup, easy expansion and upgrade, movie and music data bases, multiple users, bigger screen, graphics capability, parental control.

1 Like

Good advice, also better for the posture/ back

Right here be go again.

Laptop for a student heading to college. Doesn’t need to move mountains, just your basic bits and pieces. 500 price range.

Suggestions appreciated

Dell website. 8 or 16 GB ram and i5 processor.

Edit: the accident cover/ extended warranty for around 70 quid is great value when a student is involved.

3 Likes

Best of luck at college mate

Dell Outlet

Good value to be had in the “Scratch and Dent” section.

https://www.dell.com/en-ie/outlet/ProductDescription?cfID=BD6965A019B9B7AA3CD39854BAECFAF3&invID=573105&cyid=7&pid=3&c=IE&l=en&rid=EMEA&prdid=inspiron-15-3593-laptop&seg=DFH

2 Likes

Much appreciate brah.

Hi guys. We have to buy a tablet. The little lady needs one for homework(no books coming home so work is online) and we’d like to be able to put a few games on for little johnny to tap away on occasionally. I’ve no idea about this shit at all.
Are there any big differences in terms of quality/battery life/availability of games/only being able to buy shit from one site etc and anything else i need to know. Decision needs to be made in the next half hour so I’d appreciate it if you could drop what you’re doing and get onto this now. Thanks in advance. Juhniallio
cc @Rocko @TreatyStones @Julio_Geordio @KinvarasPassion @Mac and anyone else with an interest or knowledge.

iPad 8th Gen for 390€ (Released today)

Is that too much?

1 Like