Looking for a portable P.C. type device?

Have they specified an operating system?
Some schools are Apple only I think?

1 Like

I’ll give you an android one if you want it.

2 Likes

Thanks. Cant’ believe I didn’t tag you! I’ve an offer of a samsung galaxy tab A for about 160£. Am I paying a giant Apple premium with the new one? or is it worth it?

No. The stuff is on google classroom.

Sold!

I’d go for something rugged for the smallies.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-Tab-Active-8-Inch-Tablet/dp/B0784NVZ5S

1 Like

I was sure it was @ciarancareyshurlingarmy bumped this thread…

1 Like

Can you give me a bell?

My two use iPads for school due to dyspraxia and dysgraphia respectively - they struggle to write. They have the keyboard attached. Works fine for them. There are kids typing courses on line I can try and find out what one they use

I think any tablet with a decent keyboard attached would do the same. The keyboard is more important than the tablet I would nearly say.

2 Likes

Mrs J feels slightly undercut by the industrious and helpful nature of the tfk community. She has announced that I should take @Rocko’s tablet for the kids but that she wants to buy an iPad for herself. Because she likes her iPhone. Which is now a house phone by virtue of the fact that it is permanently attached to a charger or it turns off.

Are other tablets compatible with iPhones as well or does it have to be Apple all the way.

Get the iPad I referenced above AND and Fast Charger for the iPhone. The charger that comes in the box is shite.

1 Like

I had a Lenovo tablet for years. Good quality until I killed it with dodgy apks

take the iphone to be “fixed” i.e take a hammer to it when shes not looking and say you took it for a repair but there was nothing they could do. then give her a oneplus and a samsung tab. jobs a goodun

1 Like

Where is that from? Seems cheap compared to the stuff I’ve been looking at.

Apple iPad (10.2-inch, Wi-Fi, 32GB) - Silver (7th Generation) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07XSGBG67/ref=cm_sw_r_wa_apa_i_tDizFbCYADJPK

Direct from Apple. Released today. 64GB Version for €392.50.

You can get name engraved on the back of it for free if you want.

1 Like

Do people still buy Apple products?? :laughing:

only @Appendage and @APPENDAGE_IS_A_TOSSE

For all the slagging, I’ve an iPad on the go for about 7 years and still in great nick. My Macbook Pro is nearly 11 years old. Has got a serious amount of use and abuse and still standing strong.

It being a two trillion dollar company suggests they do.