Madeline McCann Thread

Offhand you made plenty of posts saying he was overrated.

From what I recall you tried to maintain that Colm Galvin was a far better hurler and I also remember during a debate about Conor Lehane with Esteban a couple of years back on here you trying to argue that Kelly goes missing as much if not more than Lehane yet doesn’t get stick for it.

Of all the TFK rabbit holes and topics going off topic down through the years it is quite something for a todler to go missing in Portugal nearly 20 years ago to be caught up in a debate over whether Tony kelly is over rated or not. You guys crack me up. :rofl:

24 Likes

Glas used to be a great man to log into Clarehurlers and hop balls about it. He hasn’t done it in a while though :thinking:

Chapter and verse there, do you have a file? I think if you go back and check against the date that any of those comments were made they were reasonable enough comments. I never made any off the wall categorical pronouncements like that a future hurler of the year would never make a senior hurler or anything like that.

Shots fired

This is the wrong thread to be discussing this. This is another thread about Scouse manslaughterers

I thought that was a reasonable enough response? The shots were fired by the pompous lunatic and Big Mick decided to stick his oar in.

Funnily enough if you dig up that comment I made about Hegarty, which I have always acknowledged being incorrect about, and look at the next dozen or so posts after it you will find a number of Limerick posters who fully agreed with it. I think there might have been one poster who said he might make it at senior, that was about it. But that never really gets thrown about.

1 Like

I fail to see how any of this is relevant to the thread at all to be honest with you. I’ll be happy to trash talk with you on a Munster final related thread if you prefer?

Actually just pulled it up there. You agreed with my " off the wall categorical pronouncement"

Funny that!

2 Likes

well now

I’m still struggling to see the relevance?

You brought the “off the wall categorical pronouncement” up not me.

just pointing out you agreed with said “off the wall categorical pronouncement” at the time.

1 Like

You brought up tony kelly in a response to an article on Madeline McCann, on the Madeline mccan thread, a bit of a non sequitar don’t you think? How long do you propose to keep this going?

@Malarkey actually brought up TK

Kelly did dip in and out of form for a while. Whether that was injuries, lack of supporting cast, mental fatigue or all of the above , who knows, but the last couple of years has seen him put in consistent performances and some of those have been outrageous. Glas has been badly shown up you’d have to say.

Ffs…

I did not bring up TK. I brought up being e-stalked.

I could just as easily have said: ‘I love strawberries.’

And said we would shortly have: ‘I think raspberries are much better.’

Sometimes I despair…

:grinning:

LOL

1 Like

Did Hego change hurley makers or anything like that in the last 4 years or so? A big switch to a much heavier or much lighter hurley? His touch and striking now is so good that it is hard to imagine him ever being awkward.