Major Boosts to the Irish Economy

That Prod Ross should keep his nose out of Roman Catholic business.

4 Likes

. Assume you have applied relevant discount factors?
.how much does FAI get?

Those IT guys are awful bastards.

Your frivolous attitude to state aid is sickening.

Bizarre that a wont work dole scrounger has such an attitude

2 Likes

You didn’t seem bothered when your British government underwrote the last WC or the Olympics?

It evoked the stories and old photographs of the yukon gold rush, only these poor fuckers are probably the brightest of their generation. There’ll be some fat fucker like Sutherland who has never built grown or designed a fucking thing in his fat fucking life, sitting at the top of the pile and rolling a few coins off the table on the off chance he can take their business off them if it works. It smacks of some of the exploitation of freshers week.
There was a bit on the news last night about the sale of Skyscanner. It showed the offices. Lads sitting staring glumly at computer screens. Into the canteen. Two lads there, one on a laptop and one tapping away at his phone.
I thought of my kids, and went to bed sad and disheartened.
Human nature doesn’t change.

1 Like

I’m Italian, mate.

1 Like

:rollseyes:

Every office is like that Flatty.

I had an amusing experience at breakfast. I went to a nice spot in a hotel. As I was going in I noticed a blue and silver Bentley outside. The essence of tastelessness. Anyway the room is full of young achievers, well dressed multilingual types. In comes this pugnacious little Germanic fellow in a three piece suit. Up come all the international high achievers to touch the hem of this great mans garment. Thanks them all for coming from places like Dubai to see him. They are very important to him. It means so much to him. They ask him about his Bentley. Yes it’s a little bit different but it matches my soul. They grovel around his wife, offering to help with the simple task of putting a croissant on her plate.

That’s depressing.

4 Likes

#winning

2 Likes

I can never quite grasp the adulation around money, nor how it’s accumulation seems completely divorced from any kind of normal intelligence. Buying a blue and silver Bentley because it reflects your soul. Fucking hell.
You buy a Bentley for one reason only. To outwardly display “success”
I don’t knock it, but be honest if nothing else.
Rich people are rich primarily through luck.
Some aren’t lucky, just graft, but most are lucky, above anything else. The richest lad I know grew up in a variety of children’s homes. Played professional soccer at relatively low level. He grafted away doing a few rental properties on a small scale. His wife’s sister married a multimillionaire who was bored, and entrusted him with enough money to leverage into major league commercial property.
Moreover, it was at a time when nama were selling through the “right channels”
It ended up with a certain very well known NI politician travelling to Belfast airport for meetings with my pal. I meet him a lot, and we talk about life and such. He is a shrewd businessman. He is ruthless in business, but very kind and very generous outside that (he just gave me the keys to a local lock.up he owns, and refuses to take rent), but we were talking about it last week, and he told me that basically, he is fucking lucky.

9 Likes

Great post. I also believe luck is the major factor in the vast, vast majority of ‘new money’ millionaires.

Luck, whatever it is, is the greatest thing anybody can have when it comes to business.

The other side of it is the lots of lads handed great businesses, without a notion how to run them well.

Plenty car dealers and the like collapsed on the back of property bets and the like.

The butcher in Moycullen went bellyup developing flats in Dublin by all accounts back in the crunch.

1 Like

you have a better chance of getting lucky if you get off your hole, sitting above on your hole moaning about every other cunt who has gotten lucky will lessen your own chances of getting lucky

1 Like

where is he moaning?

Brimmer is a happy and content person what would he be moaning about?

Bizarre post

2 Likes

The ballsy guys go out and grab life by the scruff of the neck. No luck involved. It’s this kind of talk that allows lefties to spread their fantasies.

1 Like

That’s a serious attack.Where it came from I don’t know.
Just as well it wasn’t from anyone of note or I may be perturbed.

i beg your pardon. i was just making conversation, i didnt imply he was moaning at all. although i do see him as one of lifes losers who settled for security too early in life because he hadnt the stomach to get there when he was young and attempt to make a really good life for himself and his family. he is over compensating for that now in middle aged by being involved in every little thing his kids are involved in and doing menial little chores around the community like selling lotto for the gah.

1 Like