Manchester United 18/19 - Producing McTominays on a yearly basis

It would be fantastic to have Ozil and Sanchez back together again. What a happy squad that would be?:slight_smile:

No I’d rather finish 5th if it meant Liverpool don’t win the league. At a club like man United if your not first your last. It’s small clubs like Liverpool that obsess over 4th place.

It’s gone full circle. Liverpool fans were obsessed with united not winning the league. How the worm has turned. I’m confident I predicted this would happen as the empire began to crumble. I couldn’t be arsed dig up the post, my word will have to do.

They should also go for Adrien Rabiot for ÂŁ200m

With a midfield of Pogba, Rabiot, Ozil and Bale they’d be totally unstoppable

Your cruel jibe that Liverpool is a small club cuts deep, real deep

The other day you mentioned nothing about Liverpool winning the league being your excuse for wanting to miss the top four - you wanted Manchester to miss the top four full stop

Weird

Ugh, that’s nasty.

No I clearly said I’d field a weak 11 v man city to help deny Liverpool the league.

That sounds very much like something a small club would do

3 Likes

Finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th,5th or whatever makes no difference but if I’ve the choice betw3en 4th and Liverpool winning the league or 5th and city winning the league. It’s 5th all day long. City won’t win a proper treble and Liverpool won’t win the league. It won’t be a terrible season to be a man United fan. The best summer since fergies last year awaits.

Gas cunt

How will Man Utd finish above Spurs, as our friend claimed they would, if they are going to throw games ?

One game against man city. Spurs will pack it in now as they’ve to focus on the champions league. The only way liverpool would have won the title is if city were still in Europe. Spurs would still be interested in the league and man United couldn’t afford to drop points. Now we can.

They’re playing 4D chess

I couldn’t believe the amount of Liverpool fans cheering for spurs. Their title bid is over thanks to spurs.

Is that how it works? Spurs will just stop playing… good to know.

Sure they have about 3 players left. Do you think they’ll focus on the Liverpool cup(4th place) or actually winning a trophy?

Which competition do you think Liverpool will focus on - the league or the European Cup? - and which do you think they’ll throw the towel at?

Neither. They’ll try in both and fail miserably in both. Liverpool would have been as well off knocked out in the round of 16. Way less game and probably would have wrapped up the league by now. Klopps win percentage off a 6 day breaks as opposed to 3 day break is something like up by 20 percent over the course of his career. Huge increase anyway with extra time off.

But as you say, Liverpool are only a small club - there’s no way they’ll focus on both - they’ll definitely throw the towel at one of the competitions - as you said Tottenham will do the same and I can’t argue with that well thought out logic

Maybe what will happen is that with the league already lost (as we know Manchester City won it the other night - as you’ve told us), Liverpool will now focus on letting Tottenham win the European Cup to deny fourth placed Manchester United a place in the Champions League next season?