Manchester United 18/19 - Producing McTominays on a yearly basis

If they rested there players v Bayern they would have beaten United and Everton.

But you’re missing the 4D chess strategy - Liverpool’s main aim all along has been to get to the European Cup final and deliberately lose it to Tottenham so Manchester United don’t qualify for next season’s European Cup

By resting players against Bayern, we couldn’t have carried out that fiendishly brilliant plan

I thought Liverpool wanted to win the league.

They fooled you. :slight_smile:

Losing the league by a point or a CL final wouldn’t really be failing miserably. They’ll win both anyway.

Liverpool supporters wanting Tottenham to win their tie against Manchester City the other night clearly disproves that theory

You called it yourself and you’re the expert, we all know that

I bow to that superior knowledge

I hear Kyler is a massive Liverpool fan…

4D chess in action again

Most Liverpool supporters are actually Manchester United supporters in disguise - they pretend to support Liverpool just so they can withdraw their support just when Liverpool look like they have a chance of winning something

Curiouser and curiouser

Nothing is as it seems here

The beauty is in the journey not the destination

@anon32894817 is actually a Liverpool supporter pretending to be a Manchester United supporter who goes onto an Irish INTERNET forum publicly saying he hopes Manchester United throw their game against Manchester City to deny Liverpool the league, in the hope that the Manchester United players see this and go “we’ll show him, we’re going to actually go out and win this game to spite him”

A masterful double bluff

This guy is a genius

INTERNET forum bluffing to ensure the result you want has got so much more sophisticated since the innocent days of 2014 when Wexford and Limerick supporters kept tipping up the other team as favourites

Presumably he’s predicting Man U to finish 5th and Spurs to finish 6th?

1 Like

@tazdedub is a Liverpool fan that lives in Meath. He doesn’t understand the rivalry thing

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Very informative.

That’s probably because you bottled him over the head before the Liverpool-Roma match last year

1 Like

@Sidney is melting down as he now realises he creamed himself when sterling’s goal was disallowed and that will be the moment in which city won this year’s league.

I just turned down a corporate jolly to city vs spurs because I can’t be fucking bothered. I’m slightly regretting it now though :-0

Yes I’m in total meltdown - you da man

That would make you one of Manchester City’s most fervent supporters

What’s the story if spurs or Liverpool win the champions league (and spurs finish in top 4)? Does 5th place then get a champions league place next season?
If Chelsea or arsenal also win the europa Cup will the top 6 English teams all be in the champions league next season?

If united don’t finish in the top 4 they cannot qualify for champions league, even if English clubs win both competitions. Even if they finished 4th they mightn’t qualify, if spurs and Chelsea /arsenal finish behind them but both win in Europe, as maximum of 5 teams from one country that can qualify