Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

He affords him more respect publicly than most players. And ETH needs to be allowed make ALL the decisions. If he wants to get Ronaldo stripped then change his mind and bring on mctominay i dont care. Itā€™s the first time since Mourinho that a manager has had full control and probably the first time since ferguson that hes had the backing of the players. Ronaldo can fuck off if heā€™s not happy. If he stays heā€™ll play his part. Rashford should have had a hat trick tonight ffssake.

Thereā€™s a modern day term used for fans of individual players called ā€œfan boysā€ where they keep an eye on the player rather than the club. Itā€™s weird behaviour.

1 Like

All the youngsters do this now, itā€™s the cult of the individual or player. Tbh itā€™s no less weird than a hape of Irish fellas who think theyā€™re Manc or scouser

1 Like

Sing the chants in the accents :joy:

I wouldnā€™t say he is that well in himself right now.

Losing a child is very traumatic

And he came back straight away after it. Heā€™s not one to be judged by the standards of mere mortals but even for him thatā€™s a lot to bear

Thats bullshit anyway. No way you dont miss CR7

He is slowing down too. His ego is hurting watching pure hamsters like Rashford getting picked ahead of him.

Do you know what, ronaldo is right. He might be 38 but he is still ronaldo and he is still better than Rashford and Sancho.

1 Like

He might be better than them but the team is better without him

1 Like

The days of having a lad standing around are gone.

He deserved to be phased out with respect and dignity, not be humiliated like last night left sitting there at 2-0 up and bringing on nobodies like Elanga ahead of him.

united have humiliated Ronaldo ever since he went back.

1 Like

You big gaping fanny. I suppose no one should park in his spot when heā€™s gone? :smiley:

5 Likes

Heā€™s 38 and he started the last game. It would be completely normal for him to sit out the midweek match completely, especially when the team in playing well and winning easily. Shows the crazy mindset he has that he canā€™t do what every single other great player in history would do - fake smile and let on heā€™s delighted for the team.
Heā€™s always been a total outlier in terms of attitude. I cant think of any other all time great player who has been so outwardly selfish and not a team player throughout their career. Theyā€™d at least try to pretend! Itā€™s worked for him though in fairness but itā€™s over now.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to speak from experience here. The death of one of twins too unwell to survive birth is in no way comparable to burying a child. Itā€™s horrible, but not in the same league as what posters here have had to endure.

4 Likes

Harry Maguire is doing what is best for the team by not playing. Ronaldo just wants out of Manchester. He handed in notice on his house 6 months ago. They should have cut him loose then. They should never actually have had him back.