Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

I got a jolt glancing at the league table in the Paper of Record this morning when I realised that crisis club Tottenham in a season horribilis, having just sacked their manager will actually knock Man U out of the Top 4 if they get a draw at Everton tonight.

I wouldn’t be following it that closely, but I thought from all the chat on here and the media spin in general that Man U were resurgent, were having a season for the ages and that the good times were back at Old Trafford.

1 Like

There’s a lot of things we can be accused of (cousin-riding, tinfoil-buying, sandwich eating, cheap bastards) but please do not associate us with the Munster rugby bandwagon

1 Like

Once we lost to the arsenal the season was over bar the cups. The towel head takeover has really curbed my enthusiasm too.

It’s incredible the seasons Arsenal, City, Spurs and Brighton are having considering the pressure of a united title challenge over their shoulders. Actually elevates what they’re doing even higher.

God no. Please god no. I don’t think he’d be eth’s type.* I’d presume we’ll splash 100+ mill on some young lad from the dutch league.

*tttsg? Hahahahaha

The 7-0 defeat to a wretched Liverpool has really broken their spirit

Man United have gotten more points than Liverpool since then I think

Liverpool have got 0 points in the two games since anyway

But Yanited fans have gone very very quiet.

Liverpool are woeful. There needs to be and will be, a serious clear out in the summer. Which makes them beating this resurgent United team 7-0 so funny

2 Likes

United have a big mental bock when they see the Liverbird.

1 Like

Whatever really happens man United have done better than most expected at the start of the season. You can’t ask for much more.

They beat them 2-1 in august.

Match/end of match time coincided too much with Sunday dinner and bath time for the chaps.

The team looks tired, blessed that the likes of Liverpool, Spurs, etc are misfiring.

Ten Fags and their billions in backing will get them there eventually.

2 Likes

The only thing I hate more than an12:30 kick off is a 16:30 kick off.

Team looks very tired tbf. Probably ten years since they’d a tough schedule like this season.

There have been many good times this season. EtH has already surpassed all 10 spurs managers combined since juande Ramos by winning the tinpot cup. Unfortunately, it’s not against the likes of Spurs that united are measured. We’ve hit the wall lately due to the amount of games played. With their form in the cup utd are on course to play more than any team anywhere in history. Add to that the amou t of games the lads play internationally(even the 5th choice centre half starts for his country) and you’ll understand the difficulties. I know you only glance at this stuff so i thought it right to contextualise for you.
In EtH we trust.

The Liverpool fans seem to be seething man United fans aren’t upset over the season tailing off.

2 Likes

Man United were incredibly badly run for at least a decade and even before that Ferguson made some very bad decisions.

Ten Hag is the best around but you can’t fix ten years of turmoil in one season.

With the boy Gleeson going great guns with the U20’s and he from Loughmore-Castleliney, it’s more acceptable for Tipp lads to follow the Rugby.

You’d imagine the billion pound squad could handle a few games of football. And half of them against Dynamo Tractor in the UEFA Cup

4 Likes