Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

It doesn’t have an on site brewery

The roof is leaking fairly badly.

They’re hardly still filling the pints from the top :joy:

This thread is comedy gold in fairness

5 Likes

Where exactly?

Correct sure Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool only spend what they generate.

The issue has been the purchase of Maguire, AWB and these lads for top money and theyre very average players.

They couldve brought Van Dijk and Cancelo, United would then be on top.

1 Like

PSG have bought wonderful players and have a fantastic team. Theyve also had no luck, I wouldn’t conflate what they’ve done with the shitshow at Old Trafford.

I don’t think psg have Bought that well tbh.

They’ve the players for me, its a mentality thing there.

Its mad to think they bought Neymar and MBappe and still have a lower net spend than United.

I was there in early 2020, stadium with great character.

PSG have limitless money. Their owners are far more interested in being a social media age lifestyle brand than in winning, hence they spend on the wrong players, give their players all the power, undermine the manager and end up with a circus of a team. Being stuck in an uncompetitive league doesn’t help them.

There’s far more to it than just having the players. They bought individuals who are impossible to fit into a team.

I don’t understand what people are comparing it against. Are they comparing it against the newer NFL venues? Those places are soulless hellholes.

The Champions League is very hard to win. They haven’t spent on the wrong players. Neymar, Verrati, MBappe, Thiago Silva, Ibra etc are miles ahead of what United have spent in the last decade for more.

Their third choice midfielder at the minute, Paredes, would be the best player at Manchester United. They’ve recruited well.

It wouldnt hold back the players. Atmosphere is electric. What holds back the players is that they are shit. Even the ones considered to be good, in the context of an elite team, are shit.

They lack individual quality to be fair pal.

Like Maguire objectively is a flawed footballer, AWB same. Fred is a 50 million pound footballer that can’t play on the half turn and he has no engine really.

You can’t hide these guys in any system.

Bullshit mate. We also acquired official computer game partners and many other industry affiliates, official petroleum partnerships etc.

The social media footballers like Neymar who are derided, Neymar works far harder at his game than a Marcus Rashford or Bruno

Disagree. PSG have no team spirit, for many of the same reasons as united. They have been on the cusp so many times and the fact that they are mercenaries rather than a team has gone against them. Their bottle jobs against barca years back and real last season were spectacular.

Ah here. Neymar has stagnated to fuck and is a shadow of his former self. Either way, how the fuck would anyone know who works harder in training? Maybe Anders Herrera…

I don’t think they could possibly have recruited much better. Theirs is probably an issue of a load of mercenaries playing in a league no one is too bothered about.

Cant turn it on like a tap.

They shouldn’t have signed Messi though.