Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Neymar, Messi and Mbappe are the wrong players to play in combination if you want to win the Champions League, both in football terms and ego terms.

None of them work on the pitch. You can afford to carry one player who won’t work at most. At the stages of their careers each is at, that one player has to be Mbappe.

Messi now needs to have everything set up for him to produce the goods. Barcelona were willing to do that when he was there, PSG are not. Neymar is now a pure showpony of a player.

Di Maria and Ibrahimovic played for Manchester United and they didn’t advance them.

PSG are always an incoherent collection of top stars, good players who have sold themselves short by taking the easy option of a pay day rather than test themselves in the more competitive leagues, and players who aren’t quite at the level. A meltdown is never far away with them.

I was refering to you saying they had no luck. Although they seem to have ended up with many lads of dubious character. Eg Verratti.

Elite technical skill like that demands work, he’s still a fantastic player as we’ll see at the World Cup.

Rashford can’t use his left foot and still doesn’t understand the game. He also blatantly doesnt track with any intensity on the pitch.

Its a tough competition, they’ve done similarly to Man City who are a fantastic team.

In the modern game with all the players stockpiled at top European clubs, its murderers row. Competition this year is stacked.

George Best had elite technical skill. Doesn’t mean he was a hard worker.

Maintenance of that skill is work imo

Verrati might be a little prick, but he was super at the Euros

@padjo and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy should be able you with this request

5 Likes

Best never lost his skill. He lost the ability to keep himself in the physical shape to be able to demonstrate that skill at the top level because he wasn’t arsed to put in the work needed. Neither is Neymar, or at least he hasn’t been since 2017. He’s more interested in the money, the fame and the trappings of fame. And you’d wonder is Mbappe beginning to fall into that trap too.

I get what you’re saying. I think with the likes of Neymar, he is basically carrying teams since he was 16 ir 17 and theres a certain wear an tear there. I appreciate what went into all that skill is probably what I shouldve written.

Think Messi tipped the balance the wrong way there

I think the balance was already wrong before Messi came in but he’s tipped it further the wrong way.

Because PSG change managers so much and the focus is always short term they never seem to have a system of play, they never seem to know what they’re about.

Manchester City did an absolute number on them in the second leg of that Champions League semi-final.

One might argue that Real Madrid can get away with a watered down version of what PSG do, but they can do that because they’re Madrid, because they’re eternally jammy cunts, because they play at a higher level on a regular basis and because they have key individuals like Modric and Benzema who always seem to produce when needed.

They should have built their whole team around Mbappe. They didn’t near neymar and messi. Playing with those two is like playing with ten and a half players without the ball.

Mbappe doesn’t seem like a great character to build around, crying and giving up when he’s not passed the ball and only staying because he was given the power to make off field decisions

Again, im not sure. Didnt he get taken off in most games? Certainly didnt start the first couple. He’s a great fella to blow up or get sent off when the chips are down, as we see refularly in the champions league. A fine lad to cycle downhill with the wind at his back i suppose.

1 Like

@Little_Lord_Fauntleroy

3 Likes

It’s not the only thing to go through the roof at Old Trafford!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-united-transfer-ronaldo-glazer-24766531

A bit of paint and the job is oxo

Herpes is preferably to Gary Neville mate.