Manchester United 2022/23 - The Reign of ETH

Not sure he ever played with Kante

1 Like

That is not correct. They have them enough money to keep them competitive and in the Champions League. They did not back them adequately when in the Champions League and did not give them control over players recruitment and retention.

So they’re spending too much now?

1 Like

He did not

I’ve thought they’d been wasting money for a long time.

There inability to sell players is bizarre too.

They just have no idea how the game works and are always going to get their pants pull down.

Isn’t that why they brought in Van Gaal, Mourinho, cough Ole, and now Ten Haag.

Indeed I stand corrected.

Good post. Again it’s back to the on pitch stuff really which is my point

Them draining the club of cash through dividends etc isn’t half the issue some Man I fans make out. If they got the team right they would obviously make a lot more money too

1 Like

I don’t think any one manager is going to fix the issues.

Per example the plug was pulled on martial being sold a few seasons back because he was one of the glazers favourite player.

Similar with Ronaldo. The glazers want him to stay.

Ralph called it last season. You need top people in various positions for a club to run properly.

Such as Ralf the interim manager, then Ralf the footballing consultant, then Ralf the job sharing football consultant. Before he walked out

2 Likes

Ralph was forced out the door.

He would have been the best man for the job. Oversaw the Red Bull project. RB Salzburg have one of the best scouting networks

Ralph just wasn’t going to sell enough duvet covers.
The End.

Maguire is fine for England and was very good at Leicester because both were reactive sides who were set up to be solid defensively first and foremost. Maguire is just the type of lad you want in that type of set up, physically strong and will throw himself in front of anything and defend the edge of his box with bodies around him but that isn’t the type of game or tool kit you need to play for the big sides, he simply doesn’t have the technical ability or composure/concentration to play for a side who want to play a high line or have 60% possession.

He is like a taller, less dumpier version of Richard Dunne.

9 Likes

Maguire was a superb footballer at Hull in particular, I thought he had great feet at the time

He certainly wasn’t a cart horse anyway

Maguire isn’t a footballer, not to the standards required at the top. His reading of the game is atrocious and he doesn’t have the ability to play out from the back like most top teams demand. Dan more or less nailed him above. Grand in a compact team, open him up a little bit and he’s easily destroyed.

Nail on the head. Needs lot of bodies around him.

You could see teams bombarding to soace between him and Shaw for the last two seasons, which was compounded by not having a midfielder with the awareness to close down that area

Martinez didn’t do too bad

3 Likes

This was a great graphic last night on sky. Top level performed well, middle just about ok, bottom underperformed. It’s a phenomenal list when you see it laid out like that. Even the top 2 are very arguable.

Wow. Unfair on lindelof, mata and dalot but thats about it. Also there should be a lower grading as well for the likes of sanchez.

1 Like