Manchester United 2024-2025

Is there a trophy for that?

4 Likes

Ooh. Trophy?

I don’t understand why you keeping that for two seasons now.

Wot?

Is there a trophy for that ?

Selling McTominay and replacing him for twice the money with a fella not able to get his game in the French league looks some bit of business. Well worth making dozens of locals redundant to fund that type of transaction.

2 Likes

What I find baffling about United is what are they even trying to do? I don’t see any underlying system at all.

You know exactly what Spurs are trying to do. It doesn’t usually work, but at least you know they have a system they are playing to.

United seem to be 11 lads trying to figure it out fresh every week

1 Like

Hundreds.

They don’t play in the same position. Ugarte was a replacement for Casimiro.

They failed to sell Casimiro so had to sell McTominay.

Going to be paying for transfer errors for a long time yet.

Rewatch the games v Liverpool last season you might figure it out

He looked another midfielder or defender lacking in athleticism, hopefully he is getting up to speed. I’d say Yorro will come straight into the team and hopefully turn it, he is a beast.

Ah look, they clearly have a way they want to play it just doesn’t work.

The drew with Liverpool trophy will hopefully buy 12th Hag more time

They have defended better this season than last season.

Casimiro was responsible for the two goals v Liverpool but all the stats showed they were more solid. Less shots conceded etc.

Today for some unknown reason they reverted to two blocks. Defenders deep and forwards pressing with midfield in no man’s land.

Tottenham weren’t as kung ho as usual but it’s still a mystery why they used this split block that caused all the issues for them last season. Maguire wasn’t playing either and he usually drags them deep.

It’s very odd.

Yoro is 18, if he turns out to be as good a defender as Saliba he will be some player. Arsenal left Saliba on loan for 2 seasons in France and didn’t bring him to England til he was 21, I’d be very surprised if Yoro is the answer to their problems this season.
PSG had a look at Ugarte for 1 season and were prepared to let him leave for a loss, he is starting to show why.

2 Likes

There was an interview with Ashworth and Berrada before the Liverpool game where they put a lot of distance between themselves and Ten Haag.
They probably hoped he would last till after Christmas

You are right of course, but I think he will throw him in if he lasts that long, too many players up the spine of the team pulling a caravan

The narrative around how well they did in transfers this summer was bizarre and that’s already playing out. They bought 2 lads who couldn’t get in the Bayern Munich team, a lad who couldn’t get into an average PSG team and a Dutch lad who couldn’t get near an average Dutch team. The French 18 year old is supposed to be good alright but he’s too young to put in the team this year and he’ll be off anyway if he’s as good as he’s supposed to be. They also sold their most effective midfielder of the last 2 years. Absolutely no surprise that they are as shit this season as they were last season. Ten Hag will be gone after Villa hammer them next week but that won’t be the end of their troubles.

2 Likes

Mazraoui made a declaration supporting Palestine and the club showed him the door. He is a fine player if he can stay injury free. The transfers, Ugarte aside, were genuinely sensible.

None of that is true.

De ligt was a regular at Bayern only for injuries.

Ugarte was regular too until he fell out with the manager. That odd ball that used to be over Barcelona as well.

They also spent a fortune on an 18 euro midfielder.

They signed ugarte and de ligt for ok money and compared to varane and casimiro on nearly a 1/2 of the wages.

You can at least try be accurate.

Mctominay was also not an effect
Midfielder. He was nearly playing up front to be effective.