Manchester United 2024-2025

He didn’t rely on Maguire and mctominay massively ever. They only played when you had a host of players out injured as well.

And I’m not sure where you got the idea Onana was a down grade on de gea. De gea was an absolute disaster in ten hags first season.

There are a lot of parallels for sure. Pro for Brendan in that implemented a playing style and nearly won the league. ETH has gotten over the line in two cup finals which is huge as well. Ole could still be there now if he’d bagged that Europa and not signed the 3 disrupters, had built a nice counterattacking team.

I think Ten Haag is going to settle on United becoming a transition based, counter attacking team this season. Results improved a lot towards the end of the year once he settled on this after the Chelsea disaster. That’s going to be the team identity.

De Gea won the Golden Glove in Ten Hag’s first season. Far better at actually keeping the ball out of the net.

3 Likes

There’s absolutely no parallels.

No he wasn’t.

He was absolutely hopeless and on three
Times the wages.

He like Brendan might have a bit of a glass eye for a player, but both top technical coaches by reputation. Both prone to being cold with players and casting aside expensive players. Both serial winners.

How did he get on last season under Ten Hag? A real momentum manager like Rodgers.

He kept 17 clean sheets mate. De Gea was far better at keeping the ball out of the net.

I’m not sure what you are saying. You tried to claim he didn’t improve players despite loads
Of players improving under him.

Then some odd comment about Maguire and mctominay. Two players who are terrible players and aren’t to be every relied on.

Their transfer value fairly shrinks going out of the gate.

2 Likes

No he wasn’t. Onana is a much better player. Man United had a massive injury crisis and to keep changing defenders.

God help you if you think de gea at the end was a better keeper.

Rashford had the worst season of his career last season under Ten Hag. That’s no improvement. Just a short burst of form in early 2023 that quickly petered out. He’s improved Garnacho, Mainoo and Dalot but nobody else?

3 Likes

So his best every season doesn’t count but according to you his worst does?

Rashford improved under ten hag.

Mctominay improved, dalot, garnacho, Diallo, Mainoo, Bruno Fernandes.

You can just admit your comparison was bollocks.

It doesn’t sit well with Liverpool fans ten hag won more trophies than klopp in their two seasons in the league and had a better head to head too for whatever reason.

Was Maguire not just brought back in because of an injury crisis?

They’ve suffered enough.

Bruno most definitely has not improved. His output was far superior under OGS. He’s regressed since 2021 in my opinion. McTominay has apparently improved but you consistently slate him. He was actually decent under Ole’s tutelage as well. You can’t say Rashford has improved when he’s gone from an England regular in 2022 to a player who wasn’t even selected in the 26 man squad in 2024.

3 Likes

Yes similar to mctominay.

All the best performances have come with neither of them in the side.

I think in teams like West Ham or Everton they’d do quite well but at man united they are simply square pegs in round holes.

Maguire particularly is a disaster because he wants
To play so deep.

Bruno’s best season was by a distance last season. Again your talking crazy similarly to rashford.

He scored 28 goals in all comps in 2020-21. He was vastly superior back then.