Manchester United 21/22

He said he is sick of his schtick.

That’s one of klopps major strengths too.

Tbf that would be a great short term solution.

Conte may not have a long shelf life but he is excellent at it too. Creates an environment where hard work and honesty of effort is a basic requirement. Very much as his own footballing philosophy which he has successfully implemented everywhere he has been too.

United really missed a trick not getting rid of OGS a few weeks back. To me Conte is a far superior manager to Pochettino or Zidane. Zidane to me is very similar to OGS if not as soft and I’d expect he would be a poor enough appointment.

2 Likes

United are a sacking club nowadays. They should have bit the bullet and hired Conte. They’d have had a few good years and won some silverware. He’d probably last longer than any manager they had since Mr Ferguson.

They are traditionally a sacking club.

True mate. Mr Ferguson was the anomaly

Interim manager you say?

Premier League Football GIF by KICK

5 Likes

Souness would have steam coming out his ears if it was Pogba.

Harrys white though.

It’s crazy he seems absolutely ideal for what needs to be done now. Neville saying no way he would have got it 🤷🏻🤷🏻

Maguire is getting a savage slating . So is Pogba

Both deservedly

1 Like

The 90s clique in the media are another issue too. All too entrenched in what made them great 20 years ago rather than what is needed today.

The likes of Rio, Scholes and Roy have very little substance to what they say.

5 Likes

Exactly what happened to Liverpool. Souness, Houllier and Benitez tried to change the culture but the old boys in the media who’d had great success drinking cans on the team bus didn’t want to hear about sports science, nutrition or zonal marking.

1 Like

I completely disagree with this. He was never worth a fuck.

Ole was brought in to improve the atmosphere in a dressing room that had gone septic and he did that. He got rid of, most of, the players that were only there for the pay cheque with the exception of Pogba and Jones. The team improved under him. It was an odd set of circumstances that at the time to replace him big results seemed to keep coming and in the end he was there at least a season too long. I could see him as the manager of Norway next.

I’m relieved Zidane is more or less after ruling himself out. Field seems to be narrowed to Ten Hag or Pochettino next summer, unless they can do a deal now which seems unlikely. I’m happy with eithe rof those as long as they’re confirmed very early in the transfer window.

God knows what the plan is for an interim manager.

This should be shown every time rio opens his gob

1 Like

Harry Maguire being the most expensive defender on the planet was, is and always will be, an obscenity

5 Likes

Utterly bizarre. it was like Ole told Woodward he wanted a centre back and Woodward just went into his phone and hit redial to offer Leicester the same money that they offered the previous summer after Jose asked for him.

Making him captain was even more bizarre.

Coach Ole got a grand run of fixtures when he took over. Think the first three league games were Cardiff, Huddersfield and Bournemouth. A sequence of wins largely against the relegation sides and he was hailed as the New Messiah with the Midas touch.

You don’t give the caretaker the big gig. Everton had Duncan Ferguson in as caretaker for a while around the same time. He got some good results too. He didn’t get the big gig though. They went for Ancelotti.

There was a clip of Rio from the weekend spoofing about how he is capable of being United Director of Football - he was then asked who would he hire as the next manager if DOF. “I dunno” was the response

6 Likes