Manchester United 21/22

Anyone who lifts their hand to a woman is a wrong ‘un. It doesn’t matter who or what they are.

17 Likes

She was obviously in fear, she had the time to decide to record him.

It appears from her dad’s statement that this isn’t the first time.

Still, I’d like to think my daughter would let me know first before the whole world via social media :man_shrugging:

Really? I’d say their in a lot of cases their parents finding out is one of the girl’s worst fears.

1 Like

100% agree.

Saddened to hear this story as it broke this morning. I wouldnt have had Greenwood pegged as that type of lad. Thats obviously meaningless but I didn’t suspect that he would be a bad egg like that at all.

The audio is terrible. Its shocking to be honest. But I can’t fathom how thats just being released now when it was recorded in October 2021. I also find the father of the girlfriends statement very strange.

That doesnt matter though. Ultimately I suppose my
view is, leave it to the courts to decide. Trial by social media is not the way things should be.

It is an awful story regardless of the outcome.

2 Likes

Dry your eyes mate… It’s not my fault Man Utd has been a haven for woman beaters for decades… Spare us all the faux morality you man utd fans have been trying to hide behind, we all see through it

But here we are giving the father a pass for his reaction, but 2 posts in quick sucession questioning her. She was the one being abused and who knows how she felt best to react. She’s with a successful high profile player, who she knows will have the backing of everyone. We could guess forever about why she did it this way, why she waited or whatever, but she beyond everyone else deserves a pass for dealing with a horrible situation for her.

3 Likes

Was there something about Greenwood and a kidnap doing the rounds back around autumn 2020? I presume he was also supposed to be in a relationship with the poor girl when he invited the Icelandic women back to the hotel room a month or so before that? Those incidents were swept under the carpet at the time but would be nearly 18 months ago now. 18 months of potentially abusive behaviour under the surface.

I could be wrong but i think Collymore was either Villa or not long gone. A while after Liverpool though

Collymore is a bad egg

You wouldn’t have many people pegged as the kind of lads that would do this but it’s not like he was a saint before this story

1 Like

It ain’t as straight forward as that, even tho you think it should be. There’s all kinds of psychological reasoning for staying with someone that’s abusive. Shame, guilt in that you blame yourself, thinking they’ll change, fear… In a high profile situation it’s worse as you’re open to far more public opinion and abuse. Serious courage to do what she did.

What was done to her is fucking shameful.

1 Like

What do we ever even know about any of these guys that we can even say something like that, why? Because he doesn’t act like a pure dickhead in a post match interview? WTF like, not that type of fella???

1 Like

The fact that Gareth Southgate dropped him indefinitely from the national team for his behaviour in Iceland back in 2020 wouldn’t have been the most encouraging sign.

Without doubt. Some player when he could be arsed

1 Like

He had ability but wasn’t clever and was windy

I’l take that question as I assume you’re referring to my post above.

I judge people on what I see. From what I’d seen from Mason Greenwood. I thought he was a humble young fella who came across well. He looked to be a nice young fella.

Normally I can see a dangerous bastard a mile off. I can generally anyway.

To my main point above though. Let this go through the courts. Social media shrieking isnt going to solve anything.

I love unintended satire.

3 Likes

If you get a kick out of that. Thats good pal.