Manchester United 21/22

Maybe he could Captain against the cannon fodder and Ronaldo would take over in games against the Big Six?

1 Like

Man United need Coleen Rooney to weed out the leaker

1 Like

The comments to Maguire under this genuinely heart warming clip are shocking but not surprising given the toxic culture that exists in English football. It is obvious that he is stone useless but that’s irrelevant in the context above.

6 Likes

English soccer fans are idiots.

Football fans are idiots.

People are idiots. Social media just gives them a chance to show how stupid they are

4 Likes

“I hadn’t known there were so many idiots in the world until I started using the Internet.”

― Stanislaw Lem

3 Likes

They are indeed. But to try fob it off and say Irish fellas who obsess over English foreign owned franchises are ok isn’t ok bro.

No one said they were ok, don’t be such a precious little princess.

An incredible gesture by Sami. Was he the captain of the 2001 cup treble winning team?

Technically Redknapp was still club captain but Sami was on the field to lift the trophies along with Fowler.

Things looking up for United.

1 Like

In all seriousness, Hyppia and Maguire are both quite similar as cultured, ball playing centrebacks that lacked pace and susceptible on the turn but Hyppia seemed to gave a better grasp of positioning.

It’s very clear, every defender or forward Klopp signs has high level pace.

The big difference between Hyppia and Maguire is one was a top class defender and the other is not

6 Likes

Possibly was

Hyppia was a real Hail Mary signing. They needed a defense but getting any one of decent quality in to solve the problem was nigh on impossible. Hyppia turning into the player he was turned it all around for Liverpool at the time. He also seemed a very decent sort. He was the key.

5 Likes

Lot of teams passed on him, Willem 11 they got him from. He’s a funny one for me but he met every challenge put in front of him easily, he was undoubtedly slow though and Liverpool under Houllier and the way they sat in with 4 narrow midfielders in front and Owen up top suited him. It would possibly suit Maguire. I can never recall him messing up though. He was class.

He was well protected alright. And always had pace in his wing backs.

Uniteds holding two don’t seem to be of any help and Shaw is always out of position.

Maguire would probably be fine with a better team

1 Like