Manchester United 21/22

There was actually a few lovely passages of build up and Sanchos goal was outstanding and deserved at the time. Had two other good chances too.

AVB was utterly shocking and maguire too. They pretty much done the whole team.

I can only assume they gave AVB a chance to show he should be at the club next season.

The defensive line was much higher and they actually tried to play and not just sit back and play on the counter.

Fitness seems to be a massive issue. In pretty much every game under Ralph the team even when playing well has faded badly in the second half. Obviously that’s going to be punished by a team like Man City.

1 Like

Fairly easy play against them for a top side when they know if they just man mark Bruno there fuck all else creativity wise.

Pity Hannibal didn’t get a run out yet.

I’m very excited for next season as i think we’ll have a much smaller squad than the past few seasons and that should give younger players a good chance.

1 Like

Wasn’t it your good self who penned the line ‘We post where we want’…

1 Like

Is that in itself not an issue though? Throw out 40m plus on a marquee centre half and he is missing nearly half of their games through injury. Having hamstring and groin injuries persistently is either an issue with training or the player himself not being right, either way, not good.

He had covid this weekend.

That was during a period of giddily posting league tables, convinced Ole was the man after weeding out all the dubious characters. Now Coach Ralf is doing a great job steadying the ship and weeding out the dubious characters.

3 Likes

I’m amazed how bothered lads have gotten because I was excited over my team doing well.

Himself and de geas contracts are up in 2023.

Its a bizarre auld setup really. Ralf trying to decide if he wants the hassle of keeping the big gig for himself

Not really. He obviously isn’t going to be the manager.

Better give him a real insight into the dressing room for six months as it’ll make his job easier in the summer.

The key is getting the manager right if we’ve to wait six months so be it.

Van Der Sar will write a lovely letter again if Utd take ten Hag.

3 Likes

I’d have him ahead of poch anyway.

Ajax will take an 8 page pullout if they take ten Haag

Agreed. Full reset needed, how unlikely it is to happen with the Glazers in charge is another thing.

Rangnick should really be moving into the role that Fletcher is occupying to work alongside Murtough. Murtough was an admirer of Rangnick before he took up the role at United and the German was alway the preference when it came to putting in an interim manager.

Ten Hag easily my preference as he won’t give a fuck about playing the young players if they have more to offer. We’re looking at Pogba, Cavani, Bailly, Mata, Martial, Lingard and Henderson potentially leaving during the summer - along with some of the youngsters that have been deemed as surplus to requirements - like Chong. no huge losses there bar Pogba when he’s on form.

I’d love to have Maguire and Shaw on that list too but that’s wishful thinking due to the lack of suitors. rashford if worth persisting with for a bit longer as it may just be a temporary dip in form.

This must be viewed as the same as the time that Klopp looked like he was going nowhere but allowed Coutinho, Clyne and few others move one and bring in cheaper (but better alternatives and trust in some younger players).

i think it might be almost better not to qualify for the Champions League at this stage as 1. they’re not good enough, 2 it will hit the Glazers in the pocket and 3. there won’t be a temptation to go out and spend on a crowd of mercenaries that are short term solutions.

There’s a heap of young full backs so I’d be all for selling one or two.

There’s going be massive amounts of wages freed up anyway but as you say I’d rather player a young lad for a season than sign a stop gap.

It’s very difficult to make more than two or three very good signings in a summer.

I was very surprised Neville mentioned greenwood twice on commentary yesterday had me thinking was there news coming soon…

I found that odd too. The big problem is character though. They need to buy hungry aggressive footballers. Theres so little fight. The difference in Arsenal this year has been all about attitude. Those fellas are fighting like fuck for each other. A proper team. Our team spirit looks abysmal. The right manager could engender that spirit.

1 Like

What did he say? I didn’t see any of it.