Manchester United 21/22

He just casually dropped in how he was missing and mentioned him being a loss too I think. He didn’t say much but I don’t recall anybody really mentioning him like that.

It just struck me as being unusual. Maybe I’m reading into things too much.

You need to clear out the bad eggs first. Leopards don’t change their spots. I always assumed that before clubs spent fortunes on players, that a thorough background check would be done, on character etc. This obviously does not take place?

2 Likes

Agreed. The attitude isn’t right but it’s very difficult to clear out a dressing room. Takes time.

1 Like

Not at united over the last 10 years anyway. Some clubs do. I remember reading how Southampton ran iq tests on their prospective purchases cos they only wanted smart footballers.
Id agree with getting rid of the bad eggs/deadwood/driftwood first.

1 Like

He’s been terribly advised. Playing through the injury was bizarre.

1 Like

I reckon so.

Looking at ther squad ideally I’d like to see rid of AWB, Maguire, Shaw, Pogba, Matic, Martial, Lingard, Bailly, Jones. There are others that need to be kept as squad players like Fred.

Looking at the start of next season if they could be starting Day 1 with a depth like.

GK: De Gea,Heaton,New GK
RB: New signing,Dalot,Laird
CB: Varane,Lindelof,Mengi
CB: New Signing,Tuanzebe
LB: Williams,Laird,Telles
MF 6: New Signing/McTominay/Fred
MF 8: Bruno, New Signing, McTominay, Fred, Garner, Van de Beek
MF 10: Bruno, Van de Beek
RW: Sancho, Rashford, Diallo
Striker: Ronaldo, new signing, Rashford
LW: Sancho, Rashford, Diallo

That would mean signing at least a new RB, CB, 6 and striker. Higher money for a decent CB and young striker prospect and then rely on Rangnick’s scouting for value at the other 2/3 positions. Biggest obstacle here is the ineptness of the recruitment department and Matt Judge’s continued involvement in it.

1 Like

Contract is coming up for renewal soon. Classic tactic.

Rashford is obviously a brilliant fella and a brilliant person. His development was completely stymied by Mourinho. He came back a bit under ole but he needs to take a bit of responsibility for himself too. His form has been terrible. His attitude in games, his decision making, his concentration and his finishing have all been bad.

2 Likes

In good news for all EPL fans, Maguire has just bought a house near Wilmslow. He’s there for the long haul.

Man Utd really need to back the manager this summer, and spend proper amounts of money unlike their tight fisted gesture purchases of yore.

5 Likes

£295m spent on defenders. 38 goals conceded. Same number of goals conceded as Crystal Palace in the same number games.

1 Like

TELL HARRY NEVER

Would you think of making an offer for the club yourself? Your celeb spots would be off the chart !

Maybe the best move for all. His form has fallen of a cliff the last eighteen months. I wish i could be as optimistic as @BruidheanChaorthainn. I cant see much light at the end of tunnel as far as Man Utd are concerned So many overrated overpaid players on huge wages etc.

At least the one positive contribution united are making is theyre proving the sport is not all about money.

1 Like

Not sure you can really equate the loss of Coutinho with losing Clyne. Liverpool were starting to look a very dangerous outfit before Coutinho left. So much so that Damien Duff was tipping them to win that seasons Champions League in December of 2017 after a 7-0 win against Spartak Moscow.

Do the Glazers not usually embark on signing a lot of mercenaries and short-term solutions after missing out on top 4? The likes of Falcao, Di Maria, Pogba, Zlatan etc. Were signed in response to finishing outside the top 4.

I wasn’t. I’d equate losing Pogba and AWB to losing Coutinho and Clyne.

Sometimes but they won’t be able to sign them as easily and Rangnick is there to stop it now. Van Gaal loved that shit.

Van Gaal put all his faith in Cameron Bortwick-Jackson and Paddy McNair.

Them current players would walk all over Ten Hag.

Rashford is a good athlete with a great strike of a ball but his touch is inconsistent, he is an ineffective dribbler, he can’t use his left foot, cant play with his back to goal. He needs to realise what he is good at which is he had nice movement, was direct and would work hard. He needs to play number 9, he isnt creative enough cutting in off the left.

Harvey Barnes should have him out of the England squad by right next time.