Manchester United 21/22

Witty & amusing?

Fair point. Poch ridiculously overrated based on what he’s achieved too. Is Luis Enrique a good ‘fit’ bar the fact he’s with Spain? Tuchel seems to tick the most boxes as a potential klopp but obviously extremely unlikely.

I think it’s a great point. I’m not sure Ten is the man we need, he’s another fashionable name. Tommy Tuchel or Poch would be much better fits for us.

Klopp Klopp Klopp

Miguel’s misgivings are increasing my faith in Ten Hag being the right choice.

Bookmarked

Big problem is that he will want to play a possession based style and create overloads, same as the way City play…but United don’t have the players to do that. It’s a risky style, Rodri is often left badly isolated, its just the likes of Silva and Foden rarely lose the ball cheaply.

They’d need a new keeper , rightback and probably 3 new midfielders at minimum, a centre forward and a right winger too really.

None of the team now retain the ball well when pressed.

Might be easier get Poch and try and turn them into a pressing team, McTominay could do that, Fred is very game. Bruno can press. A good mobile centre forward, a right winger, a rightback as well as a sitting midfielder like Fabinho (Fred, McTominay, havent the positional nous or technique on the ball to do it) and they’d have a chance of a cup final next season.

The Belgian veteran Axel Witzel could’ve been gotten quite cheaply and would’ve made a huge difference to United. Class player, composed, strong and always has time on the ball.

1 Like

Bruno Fernandes: Man Utd midfielder close to agreeing new deal - BBC Sport

:smiley:

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd ’s oft used phrase comes to mind…

Fernandes is the archetypal great man to cycle downhill with the wind at his back.

1 Like

I agree. Poch suits us far better at the moment. Ten will need 5 years just to turn it around to his way.

1 Like

As long as things are a mess at the top it doesn’t really matter who the coach is tbh.

The most important thing is that they keep clearing everybody out who needs to go.

1 Like

I think this is more likely with Ten Hag working with Murtough and Rangnick. I can see Poch coming in and being a steady top 4 finisher but being at odds with the level of investment.

Just caught up with the DiMaria assist and goal for Argentina.

How could they have messed that up?

:joy:

2 Likes

Serious chance for Ralf to get quality coaching sessions in with Sancho, Rashford, Lingard, AWB et all after none of them made the England squad.

If Poch won’t be happy with investment, why would Ten? There’s a serious overhaul needed, even more so to get the players in to play Hag’s way. Poch is the man we need and will get. He’d get Harry up the road too.

It’s only my opinion but I think Ten Hag will be more confident of scouting decent young players and developing them into top Premier League players.

I can’t see Poch being happy to do the same.

Again, only my opinion.

Are Utd willing to wait for kids to develop though? Famine is running along now….

I think they will be with Rangnick and Ten Hag steering the ship.