Manchester United 21/22

Jose was a flop at Spurs, results were bad, we were sliding down the table.

Jose was delivering at Old Trafford. A treble and an 80 plus points tally in the two full seasons he had at it and he still gets sacked.

Caught spoofing again Geoff. Jose wanted out and stopped managing the team.

You should do some research.

Even Jose having a good season is a bit of a myth. Ya second to city that’s decent but Liverpool, Chelsea and arsenal were woeful. So basically he managed man United to finish ahead off spurs and some other mediocrity. He signed Pogba and then immediately fell out him.

Like jose but if anybody thinks he was or is the answer they probably don’t know the question.

I think what @BruidheanChaorthainn is saying is that they should have given the job to Mike Phelan when Mr Ferguson left

They might have if Ferguson hadn’t anointed his own successor. All so he could ring fence his own legacy and keep his car space.

Big Mike would have been happy with a park n ride

Nope I’m not saying that but there’s a distinct possibility whoever got the job would have failed.

Were Liverpool woeful? They reached the Champions League final that season. They were a coming team having just signed VVD.

Was that not the year they lost to Sevilla? If they couldn’t finish ahead of man united so they can’t be at much.

Nope Mourinho wasn’t at Man United when Liverpool lost to Seville in May 2016. He finished 2nd on 81 points in 2017/18. Liverpool were 5 or 6 points back in 4th but started to rest players down the home straight and throw the eye to the Champions League campaign. Beat that centurion City team 5-1 on agg.

So it was fairly muck Liverpool team.

I actually remember United getting knocked out now by Sevilla. That’s pretty much when you knew Jose was done.

A woeful effort.

I wouldn’t say a team who reach a Champions League final are “muck”. The likes of Salah, Firmino, Mane, VVD, TAA, Robertson, Wijnaldum and Henderson would all have been playing in that champions league run. They just made a slow start to the league season that year.

1 Like

They couldn’t finish above a bang average man united side.

They were at nothing.

Whoever took over after Ferguson should have walked him out in the centre circle and shot him in the face. That was the only way they had a chance of succeeding.

Hence why it should have been Keane.

1 Like

It’s almost universally accepted now that Liverpool and city are brilliant teams and the managers are lauded by everyone. That was never the case even during the greatest of united teams and especially towards the end of fergies reign. He was always hated by rivals and criticised by everyone for tactical naivety etc.
There were players on every team that won leagues who almost nobody rated at the time even united fans and were widely slagged and criticised. Bruce, pallister, berg, Johnsen, butt, the Neville’s, Cole, Blomquist, Hargreaves, brown, o shea, Fletcher, park even the likes Ferdinand, Ronaldo and Rooney took an awful lot of flak. I don’t know is it the more positive narrative around teams these days or are they really just that much better.
Ferguson regularly fielded teams that looked absolutely shit on paper and went and won big games.

2 Likes

Excited The Goldbergs GIF by HULU

Rene an excellent coach, wasn’t up to the management gig.

Is that Leonard from the Big Bang Theory

Looks a done deal. Ten Hag highlighted how far behind the current squad is in fitness and physicality.

Wants to bring in Anthony and Jurrien Timber this summer apparently. That likely spells cheerio for Martial and Bailly. I’d say the writing is on the wall for those with little to add like Mata, Jones and Matic. Pogba has to be gone if Juventus give him 75% of the wages (and pocket money for Raiola) that Utd are offering him.

Good news for Garner, Williams, Mengi, Chong, Diallo and the others youngsters looking for a chance.

1 Like