Manchester United 21/22

Pragmatic.

I think they’re not too bad at the back when everyone is fit. I also think they could be better in midfield with better coaching. There’s no one out there will convince me Milner, Henderson and Keita is an individually brilliant midfield, but Klopp makes it work by giving them support from full backs, having the striker’s press etc. No reason why United cant do the same (without Ronaldo).

Conte has won the league before with a Chelsea team that finished tenth the season before. Some of his players werent top-drawer either but he made it work

Tuchel fixed all of lampards defensive mistakes in 1 training session and won the champions league

Conte would turn it around fairly fast too

2 Likes

I think he did a really good job that season, but I’d say he still had the bulk of the players that had won the league 14/15 months before he came in.

They also brought in Kante who was the outstanding player that season.

That’s a fair point.

I think in general a top coach, like Klopp, can make a team with even a few average lads into a seriously competitive one. I’d fancy Conte to do the same at United with what he has there.

Knowing Conte he will only come if he gets a big ball of money and knowing the United board, who’ve already given Ole a big ball of money, might not want to give another big ball of money to someone again so soon.

Klopp bought the most expensive keeper and defender in the world to sort Liverpool out

Tuchel had 1 training session

Klopp still has Milner and Henderson.

And he sold arguably his prized asset (Coutinho) to fund a new CB and GK. I don’t think Conte would have to sell off any key players.

and the worlds most expensive keeper

I think Harry McGuire is an absolute no mark as a player and is the root of alot of United’s problems.Ponderous,awkward and his positional sense is worse that his organisation skills.
A truly awful player.
And the Norwegian keeps on picking him week in,week out.
Desperate all round.

1 Like

Who he dropped

You need to accept that what tuchel done last season with Chelsea is better than. what klopp done at the murderers mate.

Dortmund are not murderers mate. That’s a vile comment.

doesnt change that he had the worlds most expensive keeper and also shows having the worlds most expensive player in a position is no guarantee of success see also Maguire, harry

Imagine if Dwight Yorke had scored the winner in 99’ rather than OGS. There’d be some craic with Yorkie at the helm at the “Theatre of Dreams”.

2 Likes

That’s a bit harsh , there was hundreds in that clip and a handful at most threw digs … mainly two lads throwing blind side digs too …a lot trying to stop them

Let it go footix

I don’t want to be harsh here, but I’m.letting myself down by engaging in a conversation about football with you.

United played on the break under OGS and did pretty well against the big teams. Rio brought in Ronaldo and it’s all gone to shit. Hard enough beat the big guns with 11. Can’t be carrying a lad who’s most energetic movement is throwing his arms in the air.

1 Like

You need to have a footballing “philosophy”, as it’s referred to nowadays, and then find the right players to implement it. That’s what Klopp did although it took him three seasons to become successful. Ole appears to have no philosophy or masterplan and seems to acquire players simply because they happen to be available. Sancho is a case in point. He is a world class talent - even Klopp says so - but is now an unused sub. He needs to play in a team with a particular system in order to be effective. The Liverpool system: high press,quick turnover, marauding wing backs who can deliver killer passes like TAA and Robertson. Utd have WanBissaka and Shaw f.f.s. There is a complete lack of tactical cohesion with Solksjaer. If I were him, given the players he has at his disposal, I would employ an old fashioned 4-4-2 system and stick with it. Greenwood and Rashford up top and Sancho on the left of midfield. Leave Ronaldo on the bench.

lets focus on Tuchel mate, he won the CL without spending a cent, not on a guy that bought the CL