Manchester United 21/22

I always thought Neville going to Valencia was some sort of Noel Edmonds “Gotcha” style prank.

1 Like

I think this is united dropping back to their level they should be at. Clubs like Liverpool will always be around the peak, but others like united and Everton will flash up and then disappear back into the pack for decades

2 Likes

Ole would be a great man to have on commentary on Norwegian telly. If anybody knows anything about what it what it feels like to have his boys take one hell of a beating, it’s him.

Said without a hint of irony as he slags off people he doesn’t know personally.

Manchester United is a bit like the HSE. All that money thrown at it and outcomes still no better.

Poor leadership at executive level from fellas with management consultancy backgrounds, lack of forward planning, poor decision making, a protected middle management class, huge waiting lists (for season tickets), rent a gob pundits on the sidelines all having their say about what should be done, but at the end of the day the players on the pitch still get applauded at the end of it all for fighting the good fight.

Limerick beat Tipperary in 2008.

We didn’t. We beat them in 07. Twas 09 tho we got the hammering.

No, Limerick beat Tipperary in 2008. 1-8 to 1-5 in the Munster quarter-final.

Sometimes it just easier to say you got something wrong than digging in. We all make mistakes it’s no big deal.

Pep was cute enough to pull up after two. In the long run the Liverpool result will help.

Absolutely, buddy. You were wrong, move on.

Limerick 1-8 : 1-5 Tipperary (Munster Football quarter-final)

25 May 2008 in Fermoy

Seanie Buckley’s goal would prove crucial as Limerick moved into the Munster football semi-final for the fifth time in six years.

While Declan Browne hit 1-4 for Tipp four years previously, this time Barry Grogan would match that feat for the losing side.

Limerick’s superior spread of scorers would prove crucial with six players getting on the scoresheet for Mickey Ned O’Sullivan’s side.

Limerick would falter in the semi-finals where they lost out to Cork 2-9 to 0-12.

2 Likes

The lads that cribbed when he took the chips away

2 Likes

Ole needs backing now more than ever. And hundreds of millions to replace the players he’s already spent hundreds of millions on. Then I feel United could really turn a corner

1 Like

What manager will take it?

About 6 centre halves and none of them any good. Full back situation not much better.

Fred, McTominay and Matic for a holding midfield.

Two lads bordering retirement your best attackers and Fernandes stinking the place out with his attitude.

Donny van De Beek then bought for training matches.

They’d be doing Ole a favour binning him. He’s aged about a decade

Ah here come on ffs.

I think it was tailor made for Conte to go in and crack skulls but a lot of United fans were worried he’d have them too defensive (Ole played a back 5 and two holding players yesterday).

United have a wealth of quality attackers, they have Paul Pogba who can definitely play a lot better, they have a decent defence when Varane is playing. And they’ve a huge budget and a forgiving and patient board. I’d say plenty managers would go for it

1 Like

:slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:
Even if we assume that’s true, I’m not taking money to go on national TV and then call into question not the talent, but the courage and effort of fellow professionals.

I doubt OGS wanted Christy, and I think he’s at the nub of their current malaise.
He was foisted on him by a board who simply couldn’t countenance their ex wife shacking up with a local rival, even though they’d divorced her in the first place.

3 Likes

Ye be all giving out about about bland sky punditry and then when someone has the balls to say something and speak their mind, there is a chorus of shrieking.

Dangerous game giving your honest opinion these days

A good coach but not top top level I’d say. His record in Europe with Liverpool, Celtic and now Leicester has been underwhelming to say the least. Didn’t even make it out of a Champions League group or win a Europa league knockout tie at Liverpool. His teams also tend to lack the required minerals down the home straight. Faltering with Liverpool towards the end of the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons and the same with Leicester in 2019-20 and 2020-21 prime examples of this. A great man with momentum, not so much when it comes to the crunch.

1 Like