Manchester United 21/22

It appears Utd are still the biggest club in the world, despite playing absolutely shite.

He has a very nice manner in the deli.

Hard to argue with any of that.

How do you define biggest? Not even close in terms of silverware won. Sure they have 10 fewer Champions Leagues/European Cups than Real Madrid. Barely ahead of Chelsea and Forest in terms of European achievements.

1 Like

Real Madrid are a far bigger club than Man Utd

2 Likes

Jersey sales and supporter base in places like Addis Ababa, Ahmedabad, Asunción and Askeaton.

How is trying to make the best team on the planet not testing yourself ?

Less of the casual racism please.

Yet here you are, spending your Sunday talking about them, along with several others.

The Greatest Club in the World

Enjoying their downfall. It’s wonderful to watch and long may it continue.

1 Like

Simpleton carryon

We post what we want.

2 Likes

Bailey put the picture of him scoring the own goal on Instagram to apologise :sweat_smile:

+1. I probably don’t enjoy football as much these days because a lot of the randomness/individuality is gone out of it. The best coaches (likes of Tuchel, Conte, @caoimhaoin, Guardiola, Kenny, Allegri, Nagelsmann, Postecoglou etc) have their sides so incredibly organised. It’s all about patterns of play, very cohesive, choreographed. If A has the ball in that zone then B & C move here & D goes there. It’s actually a bit boring at times because it’s too structured but that’s what United need…

…Whereas under Solskjaer they’re just a collection of individuals milling around. Obviously some of these lads are class players & they deliver & get them out of trouble at times but it’s not sustainable when there’s not much backing it up. I was going to use those wanky terms like identity & philosophy. He talks after poor results about things like lack of desire and not winning tackles & second balls but it’s actually down to them being poorly coached. City pressed them yesterday & they didn’t have a notion of how to build up from the back under pressure. They couldn’t handle it and kept giving the ball away in their own half. It was embarrassing, and they naturally can’t get their dangerous front/wide players into the game if they’re coughing up the ball 30/40 yards out.

The same goes for without the ball obviously. They’ve no coherence, they don’t move in unison, their shape and structure is brutal. One or two lads pressing but nobody going with them so they just sell themselves. Same against Liverpool recently. Again, it’s lack of detailed coaching instruction and better teams can just pick their moments to drag them out of position & make hay.

Now there are also silly individual errors but my theory has always been that these occur much more frequently when individuals lack clarity on their roles, are generally unsure/uncertain of what the fuck they’re meant to be at and/or are plain disillusioned and lack belief in the regime. It’s all that & more with OGS, I reckon.

United have an array of attacking talent but, even if they had a proper manager, they probably need a couple of defenders & an all round top class centre midfield player to genuinely challenge the top three in England.

5 Likes

Ole is from the “spread out lads” coaching philosophy.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I mean obviously they’ll win nothing with Coach Ole, it was always going to be like that, a terrible appointment.

But even with a good coach, if they’re serious I think they should break the bank for a world class holding midfield player. Do you think even with a great manager they’ll finish above Man City and Chelsea and Liverpool with McTominay and Fred?

Manchester United will finish about 7th or 8th if they leave Solskjaer in charge.

Arsenal on the other hand are on a top 4 trajectory.

Laughing at is not the same as discussing pal.

1 Like

A good joke that we can all laugh at… The world needs it after covid. Hopefully Ole is given the full season so the laughs continue.

You’re gonna laugh but yes. Not both of them but one of them. Fred. His first touch is poor sometimes but he covers masses of ground and is generally isolated for united and looks shitter than he is. South American football may have turned a bit shit but he starts for Brazil whenever fit.