Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Worrying times for Man U fans. Still after lashing out a quarter of a billion in just over a year, they’ll surely scrape together the 60 or 70 million that would be required to lure the likes of Thomas Muller.

In the real world of football, I see Club Brugge had to make do with Timmy Simons a 38 year old journeyman in midfield last night.

Eh, Man United don’t buy success mate, pay attention. That’s the preserve of other like Chelsea and Liverpool.

Does 5 clubs in 17 years constitute a journeyman these days?

Is Paul McGrath now classified as a journeyman?

1 Like

Now you’re getting it MBB. United will walk this.

Would anyone have a rough figure for how much United have spent under Van Gaal?

ÂŁ244 million (sterling) was the most recent figure I saw.

It’d be an embarrassment for them if they don’t.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/bastian-schweinsteiger-manchester-united-transfer-reports-in-germany-state-the-midfielder-really-cost-63m--not-15m-10461950.html

1 Like

If United persist with the 4-2-3-1 I don’t see the need for Maine. Depay, Janujaz, young, valencia, lingard and periera are fine options for the wing.

Presumably if they don’t persist with a 4-2-3-1 there will still be no need for for him?

3 Likes

The league fixture list for November reads Crystal Palace, West Brom, Watford & Leicester. Can’t see cannon fodder like that posing too many problems for a side assembled for more than a quarter of a billion.

United currently have spent just a net of 8 million so far this transfer window.

1 Like

That’s one one hundred and twenty fifth of a billion pal.

1 Like

Net spend :smile: …classic.

Care to explain that one?

The net spend that includes selling Di Maria for a considerable loss :laughing:

2 Likes

I’d also hazard a guess United are spending between 150-200k less on wages a week than last year. Given the squad is much stronger that isn’t bad going from LVG.

Oh yea, he’s a real maestro alright

Not really but the FFP crowd should be staying away at least.