Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Absolutely rattled. Resorting to all sorts here. Youā€™re gonna be tossing and turning all night, seething.

Iā€™d forget about the car hunting tonight pal, your decision making will be impaired by the absolute rage coursing through your veins :laughing:

Thatā€™s as poor a response to having your ass handed to you as Iā€™ve seen. As has been documented recently in the things that are wrong thread, Iā€™ve no problems sleeping.

Thatā€™s the crux of the matter chump, which you havenā€™t addressed. Fabio was as good as Rafael, but unfortunately neither have progressed, as first hoped. Indeed injuries, coupled with the positional issues detailed by Tim Vickery below, are the key factors in his demise.

The Fabio one I think is especially interesting because there was no doubt about it whatsoever. He was the better of the two twins. They would say this themselves in Interviews. Rafael would say that (his brother) was the better fullback. Butā€¦ The brazillian concept of a fullback is so different from the English concept of a center back. And it was always going to be harder to Fabio to fit in. Fabio is a left back - Extremely two footed. It took me a long time to work out watching him for Brazillā€™s u17s. Heā€™s actually natural right footed because his left foot is so good.

Off to bed with you.

Fabio was a better right back than left.

Very disappointing how theyā€™ve both turned out.

Rafael will be missed around the place. Seemed to be a favouurite with a lot of the player, a la Park ji Sung. And heā€™ll always be a fansā€™ favourite, if only for this

1 Like

This and Welbeck has hurt me deeply.

I think I might be able to help on the Fabio/Raphael debate.

They were both shit.

4 Likes

winner

Carlitos laughed last, and longest. Carlitos was a blue, and a very very rich one now to boot. Ka ching.

Little Known Fact #7492:Carlos Tevez is actually incapable of laughing, such is the extent of scar tissue running up along his neck.

De Gea has thrown his toys out of the pram and will not play in Manchester Unitedā€™s first league match tomorrow/Sunday/Monday/whenever it is.

Enslavement. Justice for DDG.

The 2 Nevilles RIP

English Netball is in mourning

Fuck it, what to say about today. I was so excited about the new season (honestly) and met two of the brothers for the game. Having survived the initial scare of Eriksenā€™s early chance I was delighted to see us control the game therafter. Gifted possession for the goal it was great from memphis and young before Rooney had his brain fart and was helped out by Walker. And then the game died for about 40 minutes. Sterile domination bollox. Fucking horrible. Barely creating anything raising the heartbeat. The introduction of Schweinsteiger at least brought some difference. He pushed the tempo a little and tried to create but was also a bit casual and left us a bit exposed sometimes. It horrifies me to think that LVG will think that when Herrera and Schweinsteiger came on we lost that grip on the game, so weā€™ll be treated to negative possession football for the nexxt 9 months. Memphis looked freaked when he came off. 70 mins, fuck all chances to run at someone, no chances, one shot from distance, no craic.

Positives
-There is serious confidence in possession, possibly misguided occasionally given how many times we were caught out but we know our system and will dominate possession against most teams.
-Darmian is a legend defensively and will hopefully grow into bombing by mata and bashing in great crosses.
-Smalling looked like growing into a savage centre half.
-Schneiderlin and Carrick is a savage 2 in terms of protection.
-United to win to nil should be a regular bet.
-We should bed in a bit and get a lot better in attack.

Negatives
-Fucking fucking negative fucking percentages fucking horrible barely a chance creating fucking dirge.
-Rooney has carried on from his preseason, with the touch of a rapist and no confidence.
-LVG has no faith in/Herrera.
-Even though we tried to bore them to sleep Spurs woke up for the last 15 mins and we could have given away an equaliser easily enough. Valencia gave a grwat chance to Eriksen as soon as he came on.

3 Likes

De Gea named in the champions league squad.

Full squad:

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2015/Aug/manchester-united-champions-league-squad-for-play-offs.aspx?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd

Fellaini!! The big man does it again. Nice cushion going into the return leg now.

Memphis off the mark, cracking ball in for the third goal too.

Huge transformation in Smalling, started the season on fire. Shaw finally showing his ability too, he has ridiculous pace.

Big worry is Rooney. Awful again. Deservedly taken off. I think itā€™s a terminal decline and not just a slump in form. Zip is gone from him. LVG might have a big decision to make soon.

Rooney was a lot better tonight than previously. Still lacking in pace and confidence though.

But on the plus side Shaw, darmian, memphis and mike smalling were excellent. Great confidence in the side. And great to see partnerships developing on both flanks. Weā€™ll improve more and be savage by October or November.