Manchester United est. 1878, Season 2015/2016

Manchester United will walk this.

I heavily advise tucking into the 20/1 on offer for Rooney to be top scorer.

Itā€™s looking increasingly likely that heā€™ll be playing the season as a No.9 flanked by Depay and ADM/Mata. He played 13 games as centre forward last year scoring 12 goals. He hit 27 in his only other season operating as a centre forward (11/12) and a repeat of that will see him well in the mix. The only caveat is his demotion from spot kick duties.

Doubts remain over the season-long fitness of Aguero and Costa, while Aguero is also likely to miss the first couple of games following an extended Copa break.

Kane will do well to back up last season, and was noticeably shit in the last 5/6 games last season.

Of the biggers odds available, Walcott at 33/1 offers considerable value if he usurps Giroud from the No.9 jersey. Diafra Sakho (66/1) has looked sharp whenever Iā€™ve seen him, but Europa League qualification may hinder him, while Callum Wilson (80/1) is capable of doing a Charlie Austin for Bournemouth

1 Like

Rooney is one of the best English born strikers since Jimmy Greaves, better than Lineker who was a great poacher and on a par with Shearer. Great leader and team player who has willingly played in whatever role is asked of him, even though every manager who moved him from #9 has been proven wrong.
Getting excited about this United squad now for the first time in years. Not too worried about the defense as there is serious quality at defensive mid now. Time for Smalling and Jones to step up and compete for the spot next to Rojo who I think will have a phenomenal year.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/victor-valdes-refused-play-reserves-6075403

Not good.

Valdes has fired back showing pics of him playing with the U21ā€™s last season. Some club will pick up a bit of a bargain here I suspect. LVG will want rid and quick.

He played 3 games for the 21s.

Looks like Di Maria is heading off. Shame as I like him as a player and leaves fairly short on wide players/midfielders.

funny

Now 11/1 across the board.

United kicking off in 30 minutes against San Jose. I think most of the SJ lads have to get up for work in the morning so should be a routine win for United.

Decent showing by the Quakes considering they have a game on Sunday after a shellacking by the Galaxy. United looked decent at times, Schneidelrin is a poorer version of Carrick but should grow into the role. Bastian controlled the game well in the second half, some excellent passing, but hate to say he slowed down the game a lot when United should be looking to move the ball quickly. Mata showed well in the first half, and Memphis had a lively outing. There was a 15 minute period in the first half when the ball movement was excellent and at a level I havenā€™t seen from United for a while. Solid at the back, Darmian got forward well, as did Shaw, but opposition was weak. Januzaj looks shorn of confidence like a one trick pony whose trick has been exposed. Hope its not true, he has a lot of talent. Whatā€™s the story with the keeper if De Gea goes as is likely?

Iā€™d actually say itā€™s looking increasingly likely weā€™re gonna dig in our heels and keep him. The Argentine, Romero looks like coming in as No.2 but I see no reason to offload DDG for the paltry sums being mentioned. I think heā€™ll see out his contract. He doesnā€™t seem particularly uppity like your stereotypical Iberians, whoā€™d throw the toys out very publicly at this point.

The defence still look likely to commit brain farts every time I watch them. Young/Mata/Depay are showing a lot of potential in that advanced 3. Rooney still looks like he needs to adjust his mindset to play as a No.9. His insistence on coming deep for the liathroid is counter-productive.
Carrickā€™s still one of the first nameā€™s on the teamsheet for me.

That would be great on De Gea if true, the lad between the sticks tonight looked fairly hesitant at times even if he is not #1 contender. Agree on Carrick, he will be a big factor in getting Schneiderlin fitting in well. Forward movement as you say was very good in the second half of the first half, and agree Rooney just needs to play the striker role. Thought Shaw was good, and linked well with Young and Depay. Other than the build up and Pereiraā€™s nice finish, the second half was very drab like Van Gaal was happy with the 2 goal lead. Encouraging signs though in the first half when the ball was moved quickly.

Januzaj and Pereira are meant to be good mates but iā€™d say Adnan hates to see his thunder stolen by the hot new attacking ā€œBelgianā€ upstart from the youth team. Januzaj is meant to be a shit trainer too, and a lot of the Belgian squad didnā€™t want a bit of him during the World Cup training squads. He seems like the type of character who LVG wouldnā€™t hesitate in culling. Fingers crossed he tightens the fuck up; Di Mariaā€™s spot on the bench is up for grabs.

Me too. Iā€™d pen him straight in as sixth sub.

3 Likes

Pereira is Brazilian.

I think youā€™ll find heā€™s Belgian born to Brazilian parents cuntyhooks.

He was Brazilian last month anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlJI1uSfSdA

2 Likes

Dud you just use a youtube video to corroborate your story?

Iā€™ll use his place of birth and upbringing to establish his nationality thanks.