Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Showing my age here but when I was a kid, Gerry Daly was my favourite soccer player closely followed by Don Givens.

1 Like

Steve Coppell was mine.

1 Like

I was a little later. Gary Bailey for me.

2 Likes

Fair enough, I was of all things an Everton fan back then because I had uncles who used go to Goodison in the 50s.
But there used to be more Ireland games on TV back then than Everton ones so Gerry Daly was the man for me.

1 Like

If you were an Everton fan back then you still would be now…

2 Likes

Nah. I don’t particularly look out for any teams results these days. Soft spot for Nottm Forest and Spurs but neither would cost me a second’s sleep.

Started following United cos of Kevin Moran playing for them.

Loved Mark Hughes from the first time I saw him play.

We can top with a big win tomorrow night. Was 2013 the last time we were even joint top? Maybe at the early stages of Jose’s second season.

Just looking at the table there, it’s a 9 goal win that’s needed to go top. Who are Man U playing?

The villa

Was Alex Stepney still in goal?

He was until Gary Bailey took over. The much maligned Paddy Roche was there as well. Stepney was in goal for the 1977 Cup Final.

1 Like

I remember that game. Jimmy Case scored a rocket of an equaliser but United got the winner almost straight away.

1 Like

Utd winner was a deflection off Jimmy Greenhoff from Lou Macari. They gave the goal to Greenhoff.

1 Like

Pearson got the first

Think Liverpool went out and won the European Cup the following Wednesday.

All three goals were scored in the space of about 3 or 4 minutes.

They sure did. Terry McDermott, Tommy Smith and Phil Neal scored. Alan Simonsen scored for Mochengladbach.

Bob Paisley’s triumphant return to Rome after liberating it 33 years previously.

3 Likes

I think if Villa can keep it down to 7 or 8 it should be seen as a good day at the office for us.