Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Its the tweeting fellow in Balls.ie that is referring to a ‘Big Six’.

What’s this spreadsheet you are posting up?

What the jaysus is that?

Looks like something that warrants a footix alert. I feel a migraine coming on trying to decipher it.

The Premier League Wikipedia page, defining the 2010s as the era of the “Big Six”.

I see. Spurs and Manchester City the only two sides to be ever present in the Top 6 in the last decade according to your graphic. Chelsea, Woolwich and Man U in the Top 6 in 9 of 10 seasons. Liverpool the laggards with three finishes outside of the Top 6.

Hats off to Spurs for remaining in the top six even during the tenures of AVB and Tactics Tim.

Law was some man for the backheel.

That was goal number 666.

And no elation there at all from Denis law. Was that the first ‘non celebration’ against an old club I wonder.

I heard he was secretly delighted and gloried in it in private afterwards

my aul lad was at that game. Him and former poster @Scrunchie 's aul lad and a few others from here went over. Said the pitch invasions were right craic. Must ask him again about it all actually, was a few years ago when he told me about it.

2 Likes

That Man City top is iconic

1 Like

did that goal relegate United?

I miss scrunchie.

No, they would have been relegated anyway due to results elsewhere.

No. Its an urban myth. Birmingham City beat bottom of the table and already relegated Norwich 2-1 at home on the same day. Man U even if they had beaten Manchester City in that penultimate game and won their last game of the season away to Stoke were relegated once Birmingham beat Norwich.

Doing research into transfers from neighbouring teams was it? :yum::rofl::rofl:

got a lesson that day in poaching from neighbours alright.

Dennis Law was a Manchester City player before he ever ended up at Old Trafford. Went from Huddersfield to Manchester City before going to Torino.

1 Like