Manchester United Football Club 20/21

Exactly nobody wanted the job. The club was a complete mess.

I can’t get over lads posting stuff like “he has only a few weeks to save his job” and the likes. It’s bonkers.

I’d have taken it

3 Likes

It’s seems to have driven lads demented ole has done a fine job in a short space of time.

No you wouldn’t

It’s true who’d want millions a year

Pretty much every manager in the world would have given their right arm to have got the Man United job. Ole was put in at Christmas, presumably as a caretaker manager until the end of the season when a managerial heavyweight with a serious cv befitting of a club like Manchester United would be appointed.

Ole got a good early run, with a run of nice fixtures a big help, plenty of silly talk after a win over PSG in Paris that was as jammy as the win at Brighton on Saturday and they give him the gig full time. They promptly went and collapsed for the rest of the season the minute he was appointed full time.

Everton had a great run of form last season the very minute caretaker manager Duncan Ferguson took over. They weren’t daft enough though to give the full time gig to an old Goodison Park crowd favourite from his playing days. They went and hired a heavyweight manager in Ancelotti.

2 Likes

No one wanted it

Fine job is a push now😂 They had a very good spell in the second half of last season and play a better brand of football than under Mourinho but I’d imagine OGS win percentage as permanent manager is worse. Job is arguably more attractive now than it was when Fergie left because a manager could become a messiah after 7 years of underachievement. Difficult taking over from Ferguson, you’d get no credit if you won, be tossed out early if you struggled.

You seem to have forgotten ole beat city twice last season in the league and Chelsea.

If he had Bruno for the full season man united would have easily gotten 15 more points or so.

I don’t get this bizarre agenda against ole by mainly opposition supporters.

Brendan Rodgers did a relatively good job at Liverpool but acquiring an elite manager like Klopp was a game changer. A top class manager could really accelerate United’s development. (Albeit LVG and and Mourinho didn’t really achieve that).

It was very reminiscent of the Big Ron era in the 1980’s when they’d invariably beat Liverpool all the time and most of the other top teams and fuck up all the time against the likes of Stoke and QPR.

It’s the league table at the end of the season that tells the picture. 66 points twice - admittedly first time over half a season, needs considerable improvement on this season. The jury is still very much out.

Brendan Rodgers was very unlucky not to win a league in two seasons. Klopp nearly got 5 seasons to do it. It’s very likely Rodgers would have won the league sooner for ye.

I’d much rather good results against the teams around you at the top of the table.

It’s much easier fix results against the weaker teams than the stronger teams.

The thinking was right in appointing both LVG and Mourinho, an elite proven winner as manager. Problem in both cases though was both were yesterday’s men and the signs were well signposted in both cases that they were past it,

Rodgers record in Europe with Liverpool was very poor though. That’s been one of the most enjoyable aspects of the Klopp reign, Liverpool have become a major force in Europe again.

Stop feeding the trolls for God’s sake.

Ole is doing a great job changing the culture and slowly weeding out the deadweight.

There’s a plan and it’s coming about, albeit slowly and being hindered by the Glazer’s business interests.

Leave it at that and fuck the rest of them.

It’s just bizarre as he’s a fairly harmless. He seems to have lads seething for no real reason. I’m hoping for five to six player sales in the next two weeks m. That’s huge.

Pereira is off to Lazio. Rojo will have a loan deal for the remainder of the his contract and looks like Smalling is away too.

Other than that Romero will probably leave at the last minute.

I’d be hoping Dalot is off and lingard too.

This seems like a no brainier to me.