Manchester Utd 2023/24 (Part 1)

You’d do well to get 600m for that lot

You’d have shaw, casimero and Martinez anyway for sure but that’s about it. Mount too will hopefully get a run and start to show his worth.

Huge overhaul coming though at least and looks to be a few young talented lads coming through as well which is good.

No surprises with Maguire and mctominay gone out of the team the forwards are looking some bit decent.

Don’t think Sancho’s missing mate, he’s over in Germany

4 Likes

I rarely see spurs game so I dunno but I was fairly disappointed in them. I thought they’d have a proper go and fly fellas forward but they didn’t really.

They looked happy with a point which is fair enough I guess.

I was impressed with that Dutch centre back. He can shift for a big man.

That’s a great point for United in front of Sir Alex, Sir Jim and Sir Dave.

I’d go Shaw and Martinez maybe. Casemiro if he can recover his form

Shocking indictment of the transfer policy that 600 million was spent on that lot.

1 Like

Poor aul apples, left to fight the battle on his own again

Apparently buying an absolute ham for £100m who can’t get his game ahead of academy lads means it’s not the most expensive squad ever :man_shrugging:

He’s included in the squad list batigol put up.

Yep. Martial signed in 2016 I think but it’s been desperate for a long time.

They still have great regard for the academy. Great regard.

They have no discernible style of play. Are they a high pressing team or a Tiki Taka ball retention team? Absolutely not I’d have said. They’re not a defensive catenaccio team either. A hard team to figure out for opposition analysts because they have no clear patterns of play.

1 Like

It’s not even just who they signed but who they let go as well.

Smalling and evans if they stayed would have a better partnership than anything we’ve had for the last decade.

That’s the worst thing about it.

1. Scored a goal on his debut against Brendan Rodgers Liverpool. The same day Limerick beat Wexford in the U21 hurling final.
2 Likes

And both those were at the club 12 years ago.

I remember it well. I watched that game in some bar in Thurles.

I had no idea that Jonny Evans was back at Man U. He scored the opening goal for Spurs back in 2012 when we broke our 23 year duck at Old Trafford.

How does mctominay not hit the target at the end? It was harder to miss.

Ah they definitely want to press high but they haven’t m had a settled team invariably there’s two or three lads playing who can’t do it and it sort of falls apart.

With Maguire playing a lot you can’t push up either. Eirksen can play but he’s legs go and can’t press.

Hopefully Witt Martinez and mount back you see a more pressing style.

Will ye go again or is it worth the hassle?