Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Seanie B and Mick Fitz

That will be news to them!

I doubt it will somehow

Mungret were at nothing until the ashkayton men got involved.

They’re still at nothing

2 Likes

There at the bend at Grange? Was in it once years ago. Only open weekends I’d say. The Fitz in JFK came from Lough Gur.

Is it tiny? Looks like its barely a front room.

1 Like

That’s about it. @ciarancareyshurlingarmy might know more about it. Riordan’s at the Lough Gur cross would be ok. we would only ever stop in Clarkey’s though.

Improving is the word you are looking for

Passed The Hamlet loads of times but never called in. There is a pub called The Swan heading back to Herbertstown . Anyone know if its still open?

Is the Big Tree gone in Caherconlish?

Yep.

Big Tree - long gone
Hamlet - never been in it, still running as far as I know
Riordans - a decent pub
The Swans - lovely old pub inside, bad location for trade, dont know what opening hours he runs there now
Uncle Toms - the go-to pub for rural drinking out East these days
Tower of Ballybrood - dont know if still open, must ask. Shannonsider was very taken with it.

Is that the pub at the soccer field?
A fine spot if so.

Yeah

yes

Uncle Toms - never been in it and only came across it when I got lost one fine Summers evening. Looks a cracking spot

Both bars gone in Knocklong, The Horseshoe and Hayes. Hayes reopened a few months back under a new name which I forget now. It was repainted and swanked up a bit. Closed again now. It mustn’t have worked out for them. Is the Welcome Inn in Garyspillane still going?

The Hamlet is / was a nice pub and the Guinness is good. Having said that, it’s must be almost 10 years since I was there.

Small enough place but that’s part of its charm.

Again, I haven’t been there in recent years but it’s a nice pub. It can be surprisingly busy for such a small place.

I would guess that there wouldn’t be too many people drinking there from Monday to Thursday?