Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

You were paying for the ‘Riverfest’ experience.

Just spotted this now, I got a bowl of chilli from that fella a few weeks ago and it was excellent. Spotted the van outside penneys on Monday but we’d already eaten, the tacos are shit?

it took me twenty minutes (seriously ) to get tacos

• small bit of chicken, lettuce, some tomatoes, sour cream, and loads of that bagged grated cheese. No salsa, no guac, no real queue. Everything fucked into the box. Flavourless. Just a man and woman (40s/early 50s) who didn’t seem to have a clue what they were doing. Maybe they were filling in for someone ?

@ChocolateMice what do you know about the White boys

The 18th/19th century yahoos or are you referring to a group of modern day racists like the Emma Louise Crew?

If it’s the former, plenty---- the latter, even more.

1 Like

I’m very uncomfortable here.

The former

Yes. Plenty. Fire away.

Great day put down there with the clan, Curraghchase was looking resplendent in the sun, it’s being very well kept this year, playground has a few new additions and the ice cream man even had a stall set up, turned off the road on the way home and found ourselves in Ringmoylan where a load of locals were camped out with binoculars, turned out there was a plane being towed from Shannon airport tonEnniscrone in Sligo to be used in a glamping park, it made a strange sight. fell into a long conversation with a local old boy who regaled me with stories of the old days down there (I got about half of it) while the women were falling over themselves to lend their binoculars to my little ones, good people down that neck of the woods.

4 Likes

Did they admire your tackies?

2 Likes

I was dressed for comfort in my Nike Fury 2,
I did notice that the old boy I was talking to was wearing a lovely pair of new balance 574 not unlike a grey pair shown here on a nice beech floor last week.

Curraghchase is one of Limericks hidden gems, especially after the upgrade works of the past few years. There is miles and miles of well kept trails , playgrounds, BBQ pits along with the reopened camping area and cafe.
Great place to pass a few hours.

4 Likes

Ya, it’s looking an awful lot better than it had a few years ago, playground is in great Nick at the moment.

Francis Brennan was out there recently enough with his wig. Great spot in fairness,good to hear about the upgrade works…has the potential to be a proper tourism spot and money spinner for the area but it was never properly marketed for the last 20 years.

I’ve a pass but it’s a bit of a balls if you turn up without the correct change,doesn’t take cash and only the correct coins

1 Like

The missus ran in to the pub on the main road for change, didn’t seem to her like a spot that saw much women in the afternoon.
I was tempted to call in to Rigneys for some overpriced pork products but thought better of it for a finish.
Ringmoylan pier is a nice enough spot that I hadn’t seen before, my new mate .mentioned a similar spot up in Ballysteen.

Is nevilles in croagh reopened?

Did they move it to Croagh when renovating it they did??

1 Like

Kilfinny? No, delayed by a good few weeks.

I wouldn’t be familiar with that area. Is it closed long?