Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

I recall seeing something on an RTE Programme about it, interviews with local farmers etc.

PM sent.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take a pm too.

They hired a right few lads back there this year didnā€™t they?

1 Like

They bought up the worst effected farm and that was that from what I recall. The place isnā€™t healthy at all. I met a lad the other day, youā€™ve a grand colour I said were you away? ā€œNo man Iā€™m working back in aughunish for a week. Iā€™d say itā€™s the caustic it has the face burned off meā€

How many lads are working over there nowadays?

About 300 odd Iā€™d say.

Your health is your wealth, no wage is worth that.

2 Likes

@backinatracksuit this is Beagh Castle

3 Likes

How does one get there? does it have slip way or is that at ringmoylan?

Youā€™ve to drive up through ballysteen. Turn either side of the church towards the river and youā€™ll end up there.

Itā€™s for sale as well if you fancy it.

Itā€™s for sale? I assume the castle? Not the peer too?

Driving through ballysteen isnā€™t all that simple thereā€™s roads going every each way.

Turn right in the village if you are coming from the Pallas direction. You kinda go left/straight through the cross if coming from Askeaton.

Thereā€™s a grand slipway there, on a nice evening when the tides are right the place is packed. You could have up to ten lads out on the water with jet-skis

These places should be advertised a lot more.

Thatā€™s pass the new soccer/gaa field and go right?

Ya if you take the first right after the pitch coming from Pallas it will bring you straight there.

There hasnā€™t been much happening there the past couple of summers cause of the weather.

Iā€™m anticipating a very warm end of May.

Ballysteen - the hidden jewel of the Midwest.

Lad from work is going on a stag tomorrow in Limerick, paint balling in Shanagolden first. Thatā€™s another amenity that is very rarely advertised.

Was at home the other week when I was flagged down by a couple of passing walkers (either American or Canadian) looking for directions to Knockfierna. How they ever heard of the place is beyond me. Smashing little trek and even better view up there on a nice summers day all the same but practically no promotion of the place.

1 Like