Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

You wouldn’t get any vitamin D with those scream masks on though.

Mentioned this on another thread I think but he served me up a very good chili one Saturday at the market,
Yer wan on Catherine street does a decent burrito, Ireland certainly isn’t well served by the multitude of Mexican joints we have. There used to be a good Mexican (not tex mex) restaurant next to the Locke years ago.

777 in Dublin is very good. How authentic I don’t know. Iv never been in mexico

1 Like

Is this a euphemism?

1 Like

You clearly know quite a lot about Catherine Street. There’s a place called Badass burritos, it’s quite convenient if you’re staying in the Railway hotel.

Or going into Fine Wines across the road for a few beers.

Picado Mexican Pantry, Richmond Street. It’s run by a Mexican lady and her Irish husband. They have an online shop also

There is also a good burrito place called K Chide in the back of Fagans Cash and Carry near the vegetable market. They also make sauces and soups etc under the brand Mero Mero

2 Likes

:eek: is @Bandage part of the Emma Louise club?

@ChocolateMice (or anyone) ever heard of a place called “Jointer”, Limerick? If so where is it. I’ve googled it with no results other than it’s near Limerick city. I’ve never heard of it?

Never mind I have it. Between Loughill & Glin, which is actually after jogging a memory of having heard of the place. On a related matter I got lost in a wormhole on the internet today and stumbled upon this ever heard of him?

What’s the context?
There’s “Jointer” O’Shaughnessy’s around Ballyhahill way

Must be a relation of the above

That’s a savage bit of local knowledge out of me.

1 Like

This will be fantastic. I’ve always thought it would be brilliant if you could get from Kileely to St Mary’s Park.

A great route for tourists too.

3 Likes

“It’s a no brainer” according to the article. It’s that alright :grinning:

According to a council spokesman, a preliminary site investigation, which will include an underwater survey and core study, will be carried out on the 484ft long reinforced-concrete structure in the coming months. This will determine the viability and capacity of the project.

“Following initial feasibility studies, a more detailed examination of the existing weir will now take place in order to advance a proposal which maximises the capacity of the existing structure and is a model of sustainable re-use of existing buildings and infrastructure.

Two things.

1. You’d think they would have determined the viability before they bought the fucking thing.
  2. You can almost guarantee re-use of existing buildings will cost more than building a new one

Between that and the other proposed bridge at the Curragower they’ll have really opened up that lucrative end of the city. God forbid they’d spend it on housing or something like that.

There is nothing else in the city that needs investment. Nothing at all.

There was a raid on a house on the Hyde Road this morning. I passed and about 20 cops were there and one of the occupants was on the front lawn laughing with one of the cops like it was just another day in paradise. That side of town is in desperate need of a bridge.

There is a big graffiti message painted onto one of the walls as you come from Hyde Road onto Childers road. I think it’s slightly different but it’s essentially

“GIVE US BACK OUR HORSES”

I don’t know why but I laugh every time I pass it

4 Likes