Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

There was no one there last night anyway which suited me fine

1 Like

Where is that place?

I was about town last night (not drinking) until reasonably late and the amount of drunken cunts falling about the place in Christmas jumpers from 7pm on was unreal. Gangs of these lads and girls who can’t take their ale and who you never see any other night roaming the streets of the city shouting their lungs out. I was seething so I was as i made my way to and from Vincenzos restaurant above the George hotel. Looked in the door at a few pubs but they were all jammed so we didn’t bother with it.

I ate in Camille Thai yesterday for lunch, the place Joe Canning opened, and I was extremely impressed. I had the impression it would be bland enough but i really liked it there and I will be back.

Only behind Khing and Taikichi as the best Asian in Limerick. Did you have the fried potatoes? Unreal.
I did get a beef ramen there one day and the beef was really awful but the soup and the rest were great. Joes nearly always inside making himself useful.
Great ice cream as well, really icy rather than creamy.

Yeah the free ice cream is a lovely touch and it is nice ice cream as you say. I got some kind of prawn stir fry dish with greens everywhere. It was the chefs recommended dish or the likes. Really good. And their rice was great, wholemeal with something. Didn’t think Joe would be knocking around there.

1 Like
1 Like

Interesting that he opened in Limerick and not galway or does he have a few of them?

Happy to report Limerick was looking festive last evening with a lovely air of merriment about. As a protest against the savoy hotel I popped in there for a piss before I got back to the car andeed.Truth spent nothing. There was an amount of fanny inside there drinking cocktails.

1 Like

He delivers takeaway the odd time too.

A piss take no doubt but he’s not afraid to get his hands dirty, treats himself as a general dogsbody, wiping down tables and taking orders etc, seems to have a nice manner with the staff as well.

On a separate note I believe there is a nice vegetarian restaurant opening on Thomas Street very soon.

Up at the top of Thomas Street, near the corner with Wickham St I believe. Galway Bay Brewery also supposed to opening up near there.

1 Like

Nope. For real. He was out and about the week before xmas, he’s taking a leaf from Pat McDonaghs book of customer service.

4 Likes

Oh ya? Limerick is a notable gap in their coverage alright. No real craft beer bar in the city which is a big opening I think

Does Joe sell chicken sangwhiches as well

The very best of luck to forum favourite @Julio_Geordio as he faces the final obstacle before the long haul up the never ending hill of marital aggravation later today.

We’re all here to wish you and the good lady the best for today and the future.

14 Likes

Who’s on speech duties? @TreatyStones @Rintintin ?

Best of luck @Julio_Geordio, I’m looking forward to the drunken groom thread.

1 Like

Is today the day for @Julio_Geordio.
Absolute best of luck buddy. Hope the day goes well and I’ve no doubt you’ll happy in your new role as one half of a marital union of two people who love each other.

1 Like

Good man @Julio_Geordio best of luck with it.

1 Like

Is getting married the business?

For non sociopaths, yes,yes it is.

1 Like

Cheers lads. I’m rattled now but we’all go again

10 Likes