Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Cc @TreatyStones

Read it earlier, good to get that kind of coverage but the photographs they used are shite.

There is a lot of talk and posturing from the council on all these sites they are supposedly developing but from what I can see there seems to be fuck all work happening on any of them.

Pity about all the bullshit in it

“We have the lowest crime rates in the country at this point in time.”

“Fifty per cent of the world’s leased aircraft is managed from Limerick,” he said. - is not GE in Shannon?

Shannon is in Limerick

6 Likes

The photos are absolutely atrocious. Some fella standing on top of the George hotel with a camera phone, and a shit one at that. “Here’s part of a Castle, taken from a distance, with a shit camera”. “Here’s the roof of a rugby stadium, taken from an even greater distance, with the same camera, by someone who can’t hold the camera straight.”

It’s gas the Fab City slant the article is trying to spin and then the photos make it look like some 1980s uranium enrichment facility waaaaaaay out past the Urals.

1 Like

How twee

1 Like

3 Separate armed robberies in the city over Christmas

Sextons closed :cry:

My favourite bar in Limerick. Not surprising since no one ever went there but a loss none the less. Location just that bit off

Yes, I heard that last week, but held off on telling you in cause it spoilt your minimoon

I’m going to reopen it myself as a craft beer bar and mug everyone off.

A pub where you’d be shushed if some lad was taking a shot over in Thomond park.

1 Like

Henry street a long there is a graveyard for bars.

The windmill is still going somehow, there’s never a sinner in there anytime I’ve been in it (not often admittedly).

The pool table is all that is keeping it going I’d say.

Be a decent-ish crowd there on a Saturday early evening. Not sure if that’s enough to keep a place going.

Sexton’s was a nice enough pub but it was coming for a while.

A man that did more for Limerick than most

1 Like

This place closed after 6 months, a bizarre idea.

It’s long closed.
Don’t think it made it to six months.

Julios been drunk for the best part of the past 6 weeks tbf