Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

It’s not far from UL.

Cheers, but I know that!

Con Houihan said that Limerick and Lisbon have the two best river settings .

Had a few pints of Moretti on draught in Bobby Byrne’s this evening, a noble pint cc @backinatracksuit. There were these weird auld lads there in kilts reciting poetry down the back.

Didn’t realise it was Burns night, usually it’s well advertised there. You wouldn’t have understood a word mate, you were well out of it. Did the Moretti come in the proper glass?

I had the grub in Bobby Byrnes there not so long ago. V impressed. Is it a busy spot in general?

Yes very busy. Mainly food based though, not somewhere I’d go for a pint. It’s top class pub grub in fairness the burger is daycent.

@Smark that Moretti is lovely tack you can get it in a few places now, must be owned by one of the major breweries?

You’re coming along nicely… tho how you’ve not had Moretti until now is bizarre… you’ve still a long way to go.

Heineken

I’ve had Moretti a load of times, kid. Just its a lovely surprise when you see it on draught, I’d always order it if I see it. Good few places in Limerick have it now. It came in the proper glass @backinatracksuit.

I must say I thought the food was well bland there for the second time in a row. We hadn’t intended on going there but it just happened. Last time the veg they threw up tasted like the cold and damp microwave out of a packet variety. I had the seafood curry last night it was tasteless, curry sauce was 100% out of a packet. Like curry sauce you’d get in supermacs.

1 Like

What do ye make of Smyth’s carvery on Denmark street ?

Used to be shite, but now it’s alright

Hell hath no fury etc.

Cannabis growhouse discovered the other night in leafy Adare.

Very leafy indeed

Adare GAA obviously heavily involved.

More high jinks in askeaton

3 Likes

They take their animal rights very seriously in Askeaton.

Another witness told the court that Mr Casey’s wife had emerged from the house crying and saying “it shouldn’t have happened”, but Mrs Casey later denied this, saying that she hadn’t cried in years.

They make em tough in west Limerick

1 Like