Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Emmet Oā€™Brien spent ā‚¬28k failing to get reelected. Oooofffftttt

Itā€™s a lot less than I thought he would have spent to be honest.
I also originally read the headline as him having spent 212k.

I presume thereā€™s a lot of other stuff covered by benefactors that wouldnā€™t be eligible

Tried out the green yard at the old Punches yesterday as I was en route home from Lidl with my life partner. I ordered a brownie, which she ate a fair wallop of after claiming she wanted nothing, which was very nice if a tad expensive. The visit was topped off by an unexpected sighting of a forum elite, temporarily out of his Cork exile.

The only downside was a rather pungent smell in the cafe which I can confirm had nothing to do with the aforementioned forumite

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a good one, we nearly ended up there yesterday as well but the clock was ticking so we made do with supermacs by the GG where another legend of Irish forums SLR was tucking into a dinner box.
Have you tried Green Yard for a proper lunch yet? Itā€™s quite decent, what was the verdict of the Cork lad?

I heard from a reliable source that said forumite and life partner enjoyed their lunch greatly. They encountered no smellā€¦ they also, I believe, bought two coffees and a two cookies for the road and I am told that the cookies were ā€˜unrealā€™ā€¦ Said poster is also said to have picked up a few Treaty pale ales and supposedly has them chilling for Superbowl night next Sunday.

1 Like

@ChocolateMice spent a 6 month period reporting on the eating habits of SLR in Mary I a while backā€¦ I don;t think SLR took too kindly to it.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t had lunch there yet but I must give it a go at some stage

@AppleCrumbled
Did you enjoy the party?

I donā€™t know how a non- student would live in college court.

1 Like

And thereā€™s a fair few in there. Itā€™s not like their houses are worthless either, plenty of investors would take them off their hands.

Them residents were the bane of my life for 4 years

1 Like

Valentines is coming up and Iā€™ll have to take her somewhere decent. Any recommendations specifically for that night lads? Was thinking the Treasury, the French table or the Hamptons. Never been to the first two I listed but Iā€™ve been to the Hamptons. I heard they threw out poor enough grub last Valentines. I suppose most places they want to get the punters in and out as quick as possible that night. Will most places have a special menu/deal that night?

Try to get a table in 1826 on Adare , easily the best in Limerick.
Youā€™ll be very well treated in the French Table as well, treasury does very nice grub.

1 Like

Would you not cook her a meal yourself, pal? Rather than out in a restaurant getting ripped off with sub-par food.

Would you stray outside limerick and stay in a hotel for the night that was in it? Surely late enough to be booking anywhere nice.

Mustard seed?

You shouldnā€™t ā€œhaveā€ to take her out. You should ā€œwantā€ to take her out.

2 Likes

Iā€™d a lovely night in The Treasury last Valentineā€™s weekend to coincide with the NHL opener between Limerick and Wexford in the Gaelic Grounds. Iā€™d gladly recommend it. Afternoon tea in The Savoy was pleasant too but Iā€™m boycotting there after their treatment of that wheelchair bound chap before Christmas.

2 Likes

Was it pricey in there mate or was there any kind of valentines deal? Portions look tiny, no?

If itā€™s portions youā€™re after, bring her to a buffet or a carvery mate :joy:

3 Likes

Sorry love no ride Iā€™m bloated and full to the brim with spuds

4 Likes