Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Needs the tub of gravy to be authentic .

1 Like

Some cunt/s poured paint over the Treaty stone

Part of the Limerick regeneration program.

No way. You actually can see the paint on the stone. You can see fuck all being done as part of the regeneration program.

The Limerick lads are flying it at the minute. Being played on every radio station nonstop the last few months and won RTE choice album of the year now as well. :clap:

Great lads too. Know John for years, the other 2 more recently. A rare example of something good happening when Clare and Limerick come together

1 Like

Fair play to these lads, I havenā€™t paid them much attention but Iā€™ll certainly give them a listen now.

Anybody up to speed on the cement factory burning industrial waste which seems to have a few people Iā€™ve met up in arms, big march tomorrow.

Yes itā€™s part of the Mungret degeneration scheme, itā€™s a multi step program.

1. Build some lad, with a house on the corner, a wall with enough blocks to build two houses.
  2. Make the road that youā€™ve spent a fortune on narrower, and difficult for anything wider than two cars to pass.
  3. Make the footpaths wider than those in any of the main pedestrian thoroughfares anywhere in Limerick (despite the fact that you never see more than two people walking on them), put massive bike lanes to nowhere on them.
  4. Now that the roads are nice and narrow, build two new schools in Mungret to ensure the village is in lockdown for an hour in the evenings and morning.
  5. After spending all that money on one side of Mungret, allow a dump to be built on the otherside of it.
  6. Then, as the coup de grace, add a tyre incinerator about half a mile from the two new schools youā€™ve spent millions on.
11 Likes

Stick with the day job Youā€™ll never go anywhere in the Council with that attitude.

3 Likes

Yer man in that house on the corner may as well be in a prision with the size of that wall they built. The taring seems to be finished now, so i assume theyā€™ll be digging it up again in about a month.

Council granted it planning permission last night

I saw them in Dolanā€™s about a year ago and they were very good that night, and by all accounts, their live performances have improved over the past 12 months and that album is pretty decent. Wouldnā€™t really be my thing in general but they are quite good. Seem to be building up a head of steam.

Youā€™re some cuntā€¦ Never heard of Ruth Negga and then went out and bought all her movies once she got her nominationā€¦ Jumping on this bandwagon now.

Ruth who??
Iā€™m only an old Joe Soap mate, Iā€™ll trust the experts to tell me what to like, safer that way. Tell you one thing though, having listened Iā€™m not convinced about the Limerick (or Clare) connections.

Murli is Limerick via Togo,
God Knows is Shannon via Zimbabwe
John is 100% Ennis.

Limerick is a great rugby city all the same

1 Like

Burning rubber in a built up area like that is criminal.

Surely it wont go ahead.

Its a great way of getting rid of tyres all the same

1 Like

Thereā€™s a new estate charging big money for 3/4 bed houses over thereā€¦you would be seething if you bought one and that goes ahead.

Burning rubber should be done up in Westmeath or some midlands shithole like that.

1 Like

Fuck them.NIMBY cunts.

1 Like