Matters regarding Limerick, Limerick Pubs, No Culture allowed

Would the Yeats & Henry exhibition in the hunt be worth a look?

Friar Tuck’s was a grand spot there too. To be lamented .

Haven’t been in for a proper look in years but from my memory the Hunt is a fine museum, not a place for kids though.

Last time I was there, I was in 5th class in primary school…only thing of note was the da vinci horse…which was impressive to be fair.

There’s stuff there from practically every ancient civilisation and many thousands of years of Ireland, artworks from legendary figures as well, it’s a very decent museum, I’ll have to take a stroll around there in the summer.

I thought that building had been given to Mary I?

I’m small but I’ll pass as an adult

Its good alright in fairness.

Some of the writing is high up though.

The hunt have free exhibitions on most of time, fairly ecclectic mix of stuff.

The downstairs rooms host these, you can’t go into the museum proper,
They can be good though, there was a brillliant photography one there last year, a load of old political photos, really good,
The 1916-23 exhibition in the same rooms was a bit of a damp squib, well advertised but not much of note outside of a few artefacts relating to @ChocolateMice heroes, the Daly’s of O Curry street.

1 Like

Ya im often in the area at lunchtime and stick my head in. The cafe is excellent.

It can be very good, Helen catered for a communion party I was at lately and it was top class except for some underdone chicken gougons which caused my wife some worry.

Friar Tucks was a great spot. Savage at 3am of a summer night when both sides of the street would be thronged with people.

1 Like

There are some fair stupid fuckers about the place.

A long time. 7 years at least. It was a pizza place then for a while with the lobster pot menu still served there. It’s an okayish bbq place now but never seems to do any business.

Not a great location anymore TBH .

Nah nothing down that side now.

It is perhaps just a coincidence that it closed down during my ill-fated move to Clare for three years

Was never a good location,

Fucking chips and battered sausages were top notch though at the time.